******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Suspended

I suspect a lot of stuff gets stifled too, seen it before where people get tax free payments and aren't allowed to talk about why they left etc, forgot the name.
TBH seems to be on the industry generally. Sounds absolute hell. Work with a guy who used to be a game dev but in his own words "decided it was time to get a proper job" so I asked him why he's working in Defence.

You posted this 39 minutes ago and... :eek:

80NhIV6.png

Soldato
Yeah, I don't get why the link doesn't work but I'm sure you've already read it because this wasn't anything new. Twas from February.

Also, I'm generally a bit dubious about all of these massive claims that come out regardless of the industry where people say it's toxic, etc. Sometimes I think maybe they were the toxic one and didn't like being called out on it.

Last edited:
Suspended
@:L?L:p linked in... you click on the link and 3 seconds after loading the page, just enough time for you to start reading it refreshes and loads you to a new page full of banners "are you looking for a job, why are you here, look at all our wonderful partners"

The ____'ification of the internet, they don't even pretend to give you content that you would like to read in exchange for adverts, now the only thing they are doing is bombard you with ads. Why do people use adblockers? its not fair... Because you people have gone completely over the top with it.

After closing it a few times its now letting me read it.

Soldato
Are they ever going to make a 'paradise world'? Would love to see nice beachy setting, ocean etc with that engine, be a nice change of scenery pace, for dossing around in. Especially if they made it like a social hub with mini games like pool etc or something. I dunno, making **** up, all I do know is my alarm is set for 6:00 and I'm going to cry.

Suspended
Ok, this is a reply to another persons thread, the original poster first they / them goes into a monologue about phycological traits that can put people at some sort of risk of serious harm if the workplace does not properly cater for they / them, which this persons work place apparently did not and now this person has phycological harm done to they / them.
But its ok because they / them are strong, powerful and beautiful. They / Them are recovering.

Anni Bouffard is relating to this person in the replies.

Quote:

I have just resigned from a highly toxic company, without having signed a contract elsewhere. It's very anxiety-provoking, of course, but in the balance it costs me much less in mental health costs than staying.

I was gaslighted when I expressed concern about potential layoffs, telling me that I didn't know what I was talking about, just before the holidays. At the end of January, a mass layoff, disguised as a "relocation of staff" (when very few could/wanted to move to other countries/continents with little or no notice) occurred.

My boss hasn't spoken to me since November. At my annual evaluation, they admitted that I was doing my job very well and that I was meeting all the objectives, but they spent an hour on my character and my "negativity". I was laughed at in a condescending way when I said that what mattered to me was the well-being of my teams.

Honestly, don't let anyone treat you like that. I know it's a labor of love, but you, me, everyone, deserves respect. Don't try to change managers who are unable to give you the basis of human decency.

They told quite a few people years ago that due to restructuring they had to move to the UK, some of them did, they are still there, one of them is Jared.
Maybe it wasn't some conspiracy, maybe they needed you to relocate.

Maybe they didn't so much as "admit" you were doing a good job, maybe they just wanted you to know you were doing a good job, not so much a conspiracy but simply praise where praise is due.

Last edited:
Soldato
Need a roll eyes option on the like button.
Broadly I'm not convinced that remote working isn't better in a lot of cases, I can be remote all the time but I prefer being on site for the social aspect.
Depending on the tasks though, being in office can be detrimental (opposite is true) as with all things, balance is key.

Soldato
as much as i want to play this
i know a lot of you said wait for it to become free

ive read recently they've acquired around 70 million from us ? and yet still no release date etc

It'll never become free-free but there should be free fly events multiple times per year for you to test the game prior to buying into it.

Last edited:
Soldato
as much as i want to play this
i know a lot of you said wait for it to become free

ive read recently they've acquired around 70 million from us ? and yet still no release date etc
iirc you have missed a zero.

i think recently they hit $700million. As for it becoming free.... i guess you could wait for an epic store giveaway but i suspect you will be waiting a while. once it launches it will inevitably drop in price however.

if it becomes free to play however that would be a disaster................. because that will probably mean premium currencies as well as a god awful grind for anything if you dont want to pay cash. i really hope it remains a paid for title.

Soldato
Some of us send them lots of Pizza and Coffee... no joke :D
sounds like Elite Dangerous and frontier developments back in the day, there was so much good feeling in the community that before releases the team were sent all sorts of stuff (mostly pizza).

i suspect now they would be as likely to get a dog pooh in a box as they are a pizza :D (note i am (mostly) joking........) however a lot of that good will has gone now, i suspect it will do with Star Citizen once the game launches....... - not a slur aimed at the game but in any game once reality and "hopes and dreams" collide there is often a lot of dissapointment..........

hopefully they can enjoy it whilst it lasts, it is great when the community and the developers are (mostly) all in a positive place.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
You can sort of see that already when they make changes such as master modes that don't give people exactly the game they want to have. I'm not a huge fan of master modes, I think it's overly complicated for what it's trying to achieve but I tend to play as crew so flying isn't something I do a huge amount of.

Back
Top Bottom