• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Reality check, are AMD just as bad as Nvidia.

Caporegime
It needs to be said again.

The 7900XTX is 50% faster than the card its replaced (6900XT) for the same money, that's a +50% price to performance ratio increase, anyone point to me where we have had it better than that, anyone?

The 4080 is 48% faster than the card its replaced (3080) but also 86% more expensive, that's a -38% price to performance ratio. 38% value on DLSS, there it is.

That is because Nvidia know the value their fans put on DLSS, if that's you, Steve Walton, no not if, it is you, its no good winging AMD aren't doing enough, they will not and cannot do anything about the stupidity of the people who not only put this value on DLSS but then also make sure anything possibly done to make Nvidia understand that is. you are the problem.
Oh and AMD blocking DLSS...mmmm'GOOD! i hope AMD block it in every single subsequent AAA title between now and infinity, go cry about it Steve, loser.

Signed
-A decade long Nvidia user.

Whinging ffs!

Tlt7irX.gif

Last edited:
Soldato
Agreed. While lower power consumption, DLSS, FG, RT aren't worth paying a massive premium for, for many it would justify a small increase in price over AMD as there is extra value there. Up to an extra £50 would be fine for me. Not over £100.

There real problem is still thst both cards are not work £1k or over...
How much those worth is up to each buyer. Also worth mentioning that one thing is 50 pounds at a 300 pounds price or 50 pounds at 1000+ pounds. And yes, both cards are priced silly.
It needs to be said again.

The 7900XTX is 50% faster than the card its replaced (6900XT) for the same money, that's a +50% price to performance ratio increase, anyone point to me where we have had it better than that, anyone?

The 4080 is 48% faster than the card its replaced (3080) but also 86% more expensive, that's a -38% price to performance ratio. 38% value on DLSS, there it is.

That is because Nvidia know the value their fans put on DLSS, if that's you, Steve Walton, no not if, it is you, its no good winging AMD aren't doing enough, they will not and cannot do anything about the stupidity of the people who not only put this value on DLSS but then also make sure anything possibly done to make Nvidia understand that is. you are the problem.
Oh and AMD blocking DLSS...mmmm'GOOD! i hope AMD block it in every single subsequent AAA title between now and infinity, go cry about it Steve, loser.

Signed
-A decade long Nvidia user.

1stly, you're comparing 7900xtx to poorly priced card from last gen (6900xt), same mistake people do when comparing 4090 to the 3090. It just reinforces a higher price level in one gen.

2ndly, applying your logic, 4090 is a bit less than 7% more expensive than 3090, while offering 66% more performance (maybe more, depends if that is the testing with 5800x or a better CPU), so there, a better price to performance ration increase that your 50% from 7900xtx (47% actually, as per TPU, but the same basically). Still terrible after all, but hey...

3rdly, this gen, a 90xt class card from AMD is only able to be about as fast as a x80 class card from nvidia. Since they're similar in raster and nvidia is faster/better in all the rest, yeah, that 13% difference in price could be easily seen as worth it for the green team.

4thly, being happy and wishing AMD to block nvidia's tech doesn't make you any better than a guy celebrating the same from the nvidia side. Don't be bitter, be better!

Signed,
Not Steve Walton.

Associate
How much those worth is up to each buyer. Also worth mentioning that one thing is 50 pounds at a 300 pounds price or 50 pounds at 1000+ pounds. And yes, both cards are priced silly.

1stly, you're comparing 7900xtx to poorly priced card from last gen (6900xt), same mistake people do when comparing 4090 to the 3090. It just reinforces a higher price level in one gen.

2ndly, applying your logic, 4090 is a bit less than 7% more expensive than 3090, while offering 66% more performance (maybe more, depends if that is the testing with 5800x or a better CPU), so there, a better price to performance ration increase that your 50% from 7900xtx (47% actually, as per TPU, but the same basically). Still terrible after all, but hey...

3rdly, this gen, a 90xt class card from AMD is only able to be about as fast as a x80 class card from nvidia. Since they're similar in raster and nvidia is faster/better in all the rest, yeah, that 13% difference in price could be easily seen as worth it for the green team.

4thly, being happy and wishing AMD to block nvidia's tech doesn't make you any better than a guy celebrating the same from the nvidia side. Don't be bitter, be better!

Signed,
Not Steve Walton.
There does seem to be Nvidia>AMD skew in various internet review sites recently. Not sure what to make of that?!?

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
No are Nvidia. Neither manufacturer are in favour right now tbh. But the review sites to rave about DLSS and RT, which I agree are good things but some sites exaggerate somewhat.

Got to love the power of Nvidia. Even your fingers do not want to be negative about them, as N and S are not even close to each other on the keyboard :cry:

Soldato
Probably some of these websites are scared they will cut off from Nvidia review samples,after their negative reviews of recent releases like the RTX4060 and RTX4060TI. AMD mostly avoided this by barely releasing anything new! :cry:

With the PC market crashing,I expect views and hence ad revenues are down. People forget review sites and channels are businesses too.

So to appear to not be 100% negative on Nvidia,they have an incentive to also throw shade on AMD too,and get some more clicks too. This will be fixed when AMD gives them more exclusive interviews(have you not noticed a few of these popping up recently?) or gives them more sponsorships. Suddenly they will all be friends with AMD again! :D

Last edited:
Associate
Got to love the power of Nvidia. Even your fingers do not want to be negative about them, as N and S are not even close to each other on the keyboard :cry:

Oh FFS lol. Blame my phone, auto correct sometimes doesn't even keep to the word.

• Haha
Reactions: TNA
Caporegime
OP

Signed,
Not Steve Walton.

What should i compare it to? the 3090Ti?? there will be a 4090Ti and that will be £2000 or more just as the 3090Ti was.

You think the ##90 class card is grossly over priced? just slightly less so now? Yes so do i but i don't see how that should ignore the 86% price increase for the ##80 class card.

3rdly, this gen, a 90xt class card from AMD is only able to be about as fast as a x80 class card from nvidia. Since they're similar in raster and nvidia is faster/better in all the rest, yeah

Actually the 6800XT was 95% the performance of the 3080, the 6900XT was 5% faster, the 3090 was also only about 10% faster than the 3080, the difference was the 6800XT was $649, the 3080 $699, the 6900XT $999 and the 3090 $1499, and all in with in a 15% range.
Now the 4080 is has been brought up in price to make it more expensive than the 7900XTX while still being the same amount slower.
You can't get away from it, Nvidia pushed the price of the ##80 class card up by 86%.

that 13% difference in price could be easily seen as worth it for the green team.

For a slower card, Ok sure, again make sure Nvidia know that before they release the 406..... oh wait its too late.

I don't believe in poorer image quality software to make up the performance in slower hardware.
Nvidia are using DLSS to increase the margins of the GPU by making the physical GPU cheaper and slower than it should be and then telling its user base to make up the lost performance with lower image quality software.
Because that's what Nvidia are doing yes IMO DLSS cannot die soon enough.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Probably some of these websites are scared they will cut off from Nvidia review samples,after their negative reviews of recent releases like the RTX4060 and RTX4060TI. AMD mostly avoided this by barely releasing anything new! :cry:

With the PC market crashing,I expect views and hence ad revenues are down. People forget review sites and channels are businesses too.

So to appear to not be 100% negative on Nvidia,they have an incentive to also throw shade on AMD too,and get some more clicks too. This will be fixed when AMD gives them more exclusive interviews(have you not noticed a few of these popping up recently?) or gives them more sponsorships. Suddenly they will all be friends with AMD again! :D

We have to take Nvidia on, once we pull our collective face holes from Jenson's crotch, its not AMD's job to save us from Nvidia, we have to save ourselves.

AMD may just give up, again.

Caporegime
OP
I have a 2070 Super, i paid £440 for it, its more than 3 years old, it was released 4 years ago, almost to the day.

I'm looking for a worthwhile 16GB replacement with AV1 encode / decode for around the same money, 4 years and 2 generations later there must be something, any takers?

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
I have a 2070 Super, i paid £440 for it, its more than 3 years old, it was released 4 years ago, almost to the day.

I'm looking for a worthwhile 16GB replacement with AV1 encode / decode for around the same money, 4 years and 2 generations later there must be something, any takers?

At this point Nvidia have released or announced their entire range, and you've all got nothing.

Is no one going to stick their head up and suggest i use DLSS? No, you're not.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
4070 + DLSS? ;⁠-⁠)

lol ;)

The 4070 is the least worst of a bad bunch, its not a bad card, 12GB, 192Bit Bus, not great, not bad, just meh, not like the 4060 range with its 128Bit Bus just shouldn't be that even if its 16GB, i'm going to contradict myself, there is no such thing as a bad GPU, the 4060 series is also not a bad GPU, i want to say its a bad GPU, but i can't, its just branded wrong and way too expensive for what is it, a ##50 class card.

The 4070 is actually the 4060Ti, and if it was 4060Ti (£400 to £500 range) money it would be in contention, but it isn't, its £600+.

Last edited:
Associate
lol ;)

The 4070 is the least worst of a bad bunch, its not a bad card, 12GB, 192Bit Bus, not great, not bad, just meh, not like the 4060 range with its 128Bit Bus just shouldn't be that even if its 16GB, i'm going to contradict myself, there is no such thing as a bad GPU, the 4060 series is also not a bad GPU, i want to say its a bad GPU, but i can't, its just branded wrong and way too expensive for what is it, a ##50 class card.

The 4070 is actually the 4060Ti, and if it was 4060Ti (£400 to £500 range) money it would be in contention, but it isn't, its £600+.

Yeah when they came out and some here around £560 I thought they might have some potential if they drop another 50 quid or so. But they've crept up a bit. But if you don't mind using DLSS I agree they're probably the best of the current gen for most people.

Caporegime
OP
The 2080 is a hair faster than my 2070 Super, so on this chart £400 for a not single fan version its 10% cheaper than what my card was for 25% more performance at 1440P, not completely #### in isolation, but its 2 generations newer and only 8GB, the 16GB version will be near £500.

12GB is the absolute minimum i'm willing to go to, i think at this point most of us can agree that certainly at 1440P 12GB is the absolute minimum, 16GB is better. IMO in time the 4060Ti will get ever worse not just for its 8GB, if we are talking about the 8GB one, but also the memory bandwidth, its 288GB/s, i haven't seen that sort of memory bandwidth on a GPU since my GTX 970 (2014) that's a problem for it now and it will only get worse, my 2070S has a memory bandwidth of 448GB/s, the 4070 is 504GB/s, 12% higher.

In the £400 to £500 range the 4060Ti, in 16GB and certainly 8GB configuration does not appeal to 2070/Super owners, nor does the 4070, its 60% faster, but also 35% more expensive, and the memory configuration on it is very bare minimum. one of these is meant to target those 2070/S owners, like me, because they are even wrose when compared to the 30 series, in the case of the 4060Ti its at best no better than the 3060Ti.

Back
Top Bottom