** ROG SEXYNESS: THREE NEW ROG SWIFTS COMING SOON!! **

Soldato
Asus ask us to take it down until they can give a better ETA for the product as they fear the delivery might slip into 2016. Once they have a more accurate ETA they will allow us to re-list. :)

No kidding, and no surprise. Bet they're scrambling to check they haven't messed up the blue colour channel as Acer have done on the X34!

OcUK Staff
OP
No kidding, and no surprise. Bet they're scrambling to check they haven't messed up the blue colour channel as Acer have done on the X34!

Acer have already fixed this, Badass also has confirmed to me they fixed it with a firmware update and all UK stock will have this update pre-applied from factory. :)

Associate
That 165 Hz new 27" Swift sure has my eye. Hopefully it's timeline doesn't get pushed back too much.

I'd pre-order three for Surround but after VAT removal, at a thousand USD each pre-order is a bit much for me.

Man of Honour
Acer have already fixed this, Badass also has confirmed to me they fixed it with a firmware update and all UK stock will have this update pre-applied from factory. :)

Hang on that's not what I said :) I said Acer were planning to fix it with a firmware update but I'm waiting on details of when and how. I don't know for sure yet whether shipped stock will feature this from the factory or not but I would hope so. I'm sure that will be their intention before any more units make it in to distribution but That's not confirmed yet. I'm still waiting on info from Acer which I'll post here and on TFTcentral asap

OcUK Staff
OP
Hang on that's not what I said :) I said Acer were planning to fix it with a firmware update but I'm waiting on details of when and how. I don't know for sure yet whether shipped stock will feature this from the factory or not but I would hope so. I'm sure that will be their intention before any more units make it in to distribution but That's not confirmed yet. I'm still waiting on info from Acer which I'll post here and on TFTcentral asap

Ah cheers buddy.
I'll ask Nick tomorrow about the firmware and if stock be flown over will have this update. :)

Associate
Pre-ordered my PG279Q today. Hyped to say the least :)

I just hope after all the problems I've had with the current monitors that maybe... just maybe ill get what I want this time.

Soldato
With the PG279Q would I be guaranteed a 100% no questions replacement if I am not happy with the screen eg. it has excessive backlight bleed, dust on the screen etc. I don't expect a perfect screen, just one that is worth £750.

Last edited:
Associate
With the PG279Q would I be guaranteed a 100% no questions replacement if I am not happy with the screen eg. it has excessive backlight bleed, dust on the screen etc. I don't expect a perfect screen, just one that is worth £750.

Could the people who are buying the RoG PG348Q have a perfect monitor then :)

Soldato
Could the people who are buying the RoG PG348Q have a perfect monitor then :)

I don't expect a "perfect" monitor, but if the manufacturers are going to just send every screen out for sale with no quality control, it should be completely within the customers rights to get a replacement no questions asked. With £750-1200 monitors, customers should not be worrying that they will end up paying fees or getting stuck with a bad monitor. Hopefully the Asus screens will have good quality control and this won't be a problem.

Associate
I don't expect a "perfect" monitor, but if the manufacturers are going to just send every screen out for sale with no quality control, it should be completely within the customers rights to get a replacement no questions asked. With £750-1200 monitors, customers should not be worrying that they will end up paying fees or getting stuck with a bad monitor. Hopefully the Asus screens will have good quality control and this won't be a problem.

Yeah, I do agree, they should be better quality then the ACER counterparts, like the ACER Predator X34, the ASUS PG348Q should be a lot better with quality

Soldato
I hate the way people seem to think price has an influence on the quality control of any goods received. If I buy a Kit Kat for 50p I expect it to be perfect. If I buy a monitor for £150 I expect it to be perfect. If I buy a monitor for £1200 I expect it to be perfect.

There is, and should be no difference!

Last edited:
Soldato
I hate the way people seem to think price has an influence on the quality control of any goods received. If I buy a Kit Kat for 50p I expect it to be perfect. If I buy a monitor for £150 I expect it to be perfect. If I buy a monitor for £1200 I expect it to be perfect.

Spot on.

Soldato

But when I see £700 monitors with worse quality control than £200 monitors, that is what I find worrying!

Last edited:
Associate
Its confidence shattering, isn't it? When buying a premium priced monitor becomes a lottery there's definitely room for improvement.

Soldato

Yeah but if you buy an Acer monitor there's a good chance you might get bits of FREE Kit Kat behind the screen. ;)

Mobster
Soldato

That's what distance selling regs (old name) is for.

Back
Top Bottom