• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 3900X thread

Soldato
There is no save button? Sorry but I only change a few setting:
Ai Overclock Tuner = manual
BCLK = 100.0
Memory Frequency = 3600
CPU Core Voltage = Offset mode
CPU Offset mode sign = -
-CPU Core Voltage Offset = 0.1

I also set DRAM Timings to 16,17,17,17,38,56

that's all i change.

Soldato
I can't get mine to boost past 4.2ghz all cores, and rarely much above 4.4 single core. I've tried all sorts, PBO, voltage offsets, different memory speeds etc.

Yet it runs 4.4ghz manual OC happy as anything. So I'll be leaving it there still.

Caporegime
OP
I can't get mine to boost past 4.2ghz all cores, and rarely much above 4.4 single core. I've tried all sorts, PBO, voltage offsets, different memory speeds etc.

Yet it runs 4.4ghz manual OC happy as anything. So I'll be leaving it there still.
Might as well. 3 or 4 cores max will boost over 4.6 anyway. You’re getting better performance with the all core overclock.

Soldato
Might as well. 3 or 4 cores max will boost over 4.6 anyway. You’re getting better performance with the all core overclock.

Exactly, I'm losing a potential couple of hundred mhz across a couple of cores and gaining all cores.

So for the gigabyte x570 there is just new straight up f4 bios, supports AORUS memory boost...
Anyone on this one yet and also what the hell is the memory boost?

I upgraded to that last night. No idea what it does though :p

Annoyingly, I thought ahead and backed up my profile to USB, as you lose saved profiles during the upgrade. Except the profile won't work on the later bios! So need to put all my memory timings in again :(

Soldato
Annoyingly, I thought ahead and backed up my profile to USB, as you lose saved profiles during the upgrade. Except the profile won't work on the later bios! So need to put all my memory timings in again :(
Alas, that's always been the case when changing bios. The best thing to do is to at least take a photo of your settings which can ease the pain of having to put them all back in again. ;)

Associate
No idea how i managed to bend 1 pin, but i do recall the cpu being reluctant to fit before suddenly snapping into place.
Once I discoverd it i eased it back into position using a needle underneath it and levering it up.
The pins are luckily not prone to snapping off.
The interesting thing is that pin is not required because it ran for weeks like that.

Soldato
Yes you will find that a couple of dozen pins can leave the CPU still working without. If you're lucky you get a power pin that is used to spread the load.

For future reference, CPU's should drop in, never should be reluctant to fit.

Soldato
Yes you will find that a couple of dozen pins can leave the CPU still working without. If you're lucky you get a power pin that is used to spread the load.

For future reference, CPU's should drop in, never should be reluctant to fit.
I always hit it with a small block of wood and a hammer, if that doesn't work I put the motherboard face first on the floor with the CPU in the socket and stand on it for 3-6 minutes

Soldato
Seriously though, my memory had decided it will actually let me do 3800 cl16, can someone give me advice on how to get the IF to 1900, it does 1800 fine, it just needs something extra to get it to 1900
You might not want to go to 1900 as you apparently loose the 1:1 ratio and your performace will be less.

Caporegime
I have settled on 3666Mhz CL16 with tuned timings for both my 3700X and 3900X. This was easy to obtain and did not require too much effort other than tuning DRAM voltage.

Back
Top Bottom