• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 3900X thread

Soldato
I was tweaking CCX and the IF is up to 1800. It was late when I wrote that sentence including the word "stock", so any ambiguity was unintentional. I meant to say the CPU cooler was the out of the box Wraith cooler or whatever it's called, hence my issue with the temps on any serious attempts to stress test it. it is CB20 stable, so it could be that the chip is half-decent.

OaHR41s.png
Understood

Mine however performed better on my barely capable x470 aorus ultra gaming MB, it would boost to 4.35ghz single core at stock and 4.15ghz multi, since moving to the more than twice the price x570 Ultra with overpowered vrms every bios has made performance worse and worse, the ram i tweaked into oblivion and have it and IF at 1800, the ram is 16,15,15,15,32,48 with 67.5ns latency and I had to all core overclock the cpu to get anything near the best performance from it.
All core 4.4ghz which worked great until the latest bios F4 (no letters afterwards) and now even my all core is now unstable, so im at 4.3ghz.

I used to be happy with it despite performing better on my old board, but now im getting annoyed as hell to see it perform worse now than at the start

Associate
Well the 3900x i bought and sold on, is being returned, i was going to put it up for sale again but ive decided to keep it. Will pair it with my b450 Mortar for a while until i get the cash together for an x570. Complete overkill for my needs but at least it'll serve me well for the next 5yrs.

Associate
Well the 3900x i bought and sold on, is being returned, i was going to put it up for sale again but ive decided to keep it. Will pair it with my b450 Mortar for a while until i get the cash together for an x570. Complete overkill for my needs but at least it'll serve me well for the next 5yrs.

What was the reason for its return?

Associate
What was the reason for its return?

He got frustrated with the MSI bios and bricked two motherboards. No amount of suggested help (using the flashback button) for example would work. i think buyers remorse also kicked in and hes decided to return it and buy a 2700x instead. i kinda get it and i guess i could refuse the return but im not that type person. ill just keep it and sell on the 3600x, it wont go to its full potential but hey, ill get a kick ass timespy score. . .

Associate
I’m late to this thread having only recently installed my 3900X into my ROG hero ix motherboard. I think I’m struggling with temperatures at the moment. Left the cpu settings on auto with 2x8gb of 8pack 3200mhz c14 ddr4. Will post temps on weekend when I get chance but I’m sure it’s idling around 60c and full load around 75c.

Case is a Fractal define R5 with two Corsair ml140 fans sucking air through the front and a single ml140 as an exhaust. Cpu cooler is a dark rock pro advanced 3 with twin fans.

Soldato
He got frustrated with the MSI bios and bricked two motherboards. No amount of suggested help (using the flashback button) for example would work. i think buyers remorse also kicked in and hes decided to return it and buy a 2700x instead. i kinda get it and i guess i could refuse the return but im not that type person. ill just keep it and sell on the 3600x, it wont go to its full potential but hey, ill get a kick ass timespy score. . .
With the lack of available 3900X's you would have no problem selling yours. ;) Enjoy it though.

Soldato
I’m late to this thread having only recently installed my 3900X into my ROG hero ix motherboard. I think I’m struggling with temperatures at the moment. Left the cpu settings on auto with 2x8gb of 8pack 3200mhz c14 ddr4. Will post temps on weekend when I get chance but I’m sure it’s idling around 60c and full load around 75c.

Case is a Fractal define R5 with two Corsair ml140 fans sucking air through the front and a single ml140 as an exhaust. Cpu cooler is a dark rock pro advanced 3 with twin fans.
If you run HWInfo64 you'll see the 3900X can hit maybe 1.50v when it's idling. Though your idle temps are are quite a bit higher than mine were which were low 40's. I have a Noctua D14 and decent case airflow.

I've now set my voltage to Offset -0.1v which has taken 10c off my idle temps and also given me slightly better performance.

Soldato
I get 4.5 on one core and 4.4 on another so it improved things slightly with abba.
But, I went back to 4.4ghz all core overclocking and now my scores are massive compared to before, cpuz I get 9000 multi and 547 single, cinebench 20 of 7667 m.
So it was a bit crap for auto for me but improved the all core massively

Associate
https://prnt.sc/p63ksp actually one more core somehow managed to hit 4,6, but anyway this is on 8 hours run and those 4.6ghz are very rare maybe on core 0&2 a bit more often, but as Illuminist said, the processor performance it self improved not only those mhz, so I am happy with update ;)

Soldato
Hmmm, so I restart the pc for the first time in 2 days and it refused to post for no reason. Then shut off. The power button didn't work so I turned off the psu to be able to power on, then the bios looped and went to default settings

The reason I restarted it in the first place was because it was telling me my storage hdd didn't exist, despite me seeing it and being able to view its folders, if I clicked on a folder it says the device does not exist, never seen this before in my life, disk management shows it as there and healthy, but I can't chkdsk it either because Windows thinks it doesn't exist.

If any one can please shed light on either of these things I will clean their house and do their washing up

Associate
You don’t say what storage you have, but I had this with my 970 Evo”s and the NVMe driver installed, removing the driver resolved the issue. This was using the release BIOS for my board, not tried the driver since.

Back
Top Bottom