Samsung KS7000 55inch just been delivered...

Soldato
I've got this annoying problem, I keep getting long intervals of no picture on my xbox one, but it happens at the same parts. When I insert a Bluray I can hear the sound, it takes a good 10 secs to get a picture before it shows the Bluray film menu, After that the film is fine from start to finish.
When I exit the movie it takes ages on a black screen but I can press buttons on my xbox remote and hear sound presses, so it's got to dashboard but just a black screen. This again eventually appears after a while.

Everything is connected to my Yamaha soundbar.

Im convinced it's some kind of handshake issue, tried different leads. The only thing that's fixed it is connecting directly to the one connect box.

My soundbar was fine on my Sony.

Associate
Hey The Craig , from my experience anything flagged as HDR is also 4K.
Ive been watching Sneaky Pete on Amazon Prime and it looks pretty sweet considering its a stream :D

Associate
Hey beachboyken I'm having that black screen issue tonight.
TV has been fine with my shield and ps4 pro but tonight i pld my Xbox on the TV for the first time. (Destiny patch day )
Every 5-10 mins seem to get a black screen for 5 seconds , audio stays but picture goes .....annoying

Associate
Just set up my UE55 with the One S and a bose soundbar. Just watched the first episode of planet earth 2 (UHD) and it looks awesome. Although I wasn't sure if I'm getting the best picture quality HDR wise. The TV defaults to standard mode. Is it still recommended to use the settings over at avforums from last year?

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey beachboyken I'm having that black screen issue tonight.
TV has been fine with my shield and ps4 pro but tonight i pld my Xbox on the TV for the first time. (Destiny patch day )
Every 5-10 mins seem to get a black screen for 5 seconds , audio stays but picture goes .....annoying

My problem is that its when I start the consoles, handshake issue with everything going through my yamaha soundbar, can take like 1 minute to get a picture.

Connected directly is ok so far but I have not tested it enough to see if I get a problem like yours, there is a thread on your issue on the samsung community US forums.

New patch out today 1168.2

Dont seem to be able to update via TV yet but can be downloaded from Samsung website via USB

Soldato
Ok getting a refund, this tv is good but has some major flaws, I have problems with hdmi handshake and I'm not convinced it's my devices or cables.
The remotes are absolutely atrocious, the basic one is rubbish and the smart remote is not very smart.
The smart menu is horrible and them pop ups that display at the top off the screen which you can't seem to turn off.
Shame because it's got a nice picture.

Anything else out there at 49" that has similar spec and good for gaming as well?

Budget is £1200

Associate
Last edited:
Associate
The remotes are absolutely atrocious, the basic one is rubbish and the smart remote is not very smart.
The smart menu is horrible and them pop ups that display at the top off the screen which you can't seem to turn off.
Shame because it's got a nice picture.

Genuinely surprised to hear that - I normally expect to try a smart remote for about five minutes before consigning it to the bottom of the remote control basket because it won't work with Virgin Media. This one however has worked with everything I've got including the Xbox one without any fuss. I don't have a problem with pops up not disappearing either so I don't know what's gone wrong there - firmware update?

Associate
Managed to snag the 55KS7000 this weekend, now to wait for delivery.
I think it will be a nice little part of my entertainment centre with the PS4 and PC hooked up to it :).
I couldn't justify the pricing for a PC monitor with HDR and the missus will be happy too with a larger screen for her netflix!
Does anyone have an idea of what kind of sound bar is good to pair with the TV?

Soldato
Managed to snag the 55KS7000 this weekend, now to wait for delivery.
I think it will be a nice little part of my entertainment centre with the PS4 and PC hooked up to it :).
I couldn't justify the pricing for a PC monitor with HDR and the missus will be happy too with a larger screen for her netflix!
Does anyone have an idea of what kind of sound bar is good to pair with the TV?

If you go for a samsung sound bar like the Samsung HW-K450 you can connect it wirelessly

https://www.avforums.com/review/samsung-hw-k450-soundbar-review.12624

Depends how much you want to spend really.

Associate
If you go for a samsung sound bar like the Samsung HW-K450 you can connect it wirelessly

https://www.avforums.com/review/samsung-hw-k450-soundbar-review.12624

Depends how much you want to spend really.

Aye, had been looking at a Samsung sound bar but wasn't sure if there was a recommendation amongst other KS7000 owners.
I was simply hoping to get the best bang for buck and the Dolby Atmos Samsung Soundbar does look nice but I'm not sure how it would fair in my tiny studio apartment.
This might be a stupid question but I was hoping to also run a PS4 and my PC through a soundbar, from what I understand as long as there are enough connections I should be golden?

Soldato
Is there a reason my tv doesn't immediately realise there is an amp attached and always restarts to tv speakers?

(note it's attached to my amp via optical and my amp doesn't have hdmi Arc, but I set it to hdmi as it allows me to turn the audio up using the controller

Associate
The craig- its a bug in the samsung software i did some digging around it and the tv doesnt remember the setting for speakers if the av receiver is powered on by the hdmi cec. The fix is to have the receiver always powred on

Back
Top Bottom