• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SAPPHIRE RX 480 NITRO NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (WORLD FIRST) !!!

OcUK Staff
OP
Only seeing the Powercolor and the Sapphire Nitro for custom 480's on your Website Gibbo :(

Have been looking around online also and not seen any Gigabyte G1 480 pics either...

That is because we only have those two live, I have G1 images, will hopefully put G1 live next week.

OcUK Staff
OP
No chance of a sneaky peak at some? :)

Well I guess so, no mention of NDA, let me watermark the images so that OcUK gets the credit and I shall post them up shortly in the other RX 480 thread as this is Sapphires thread so its unfair to be discussing other brands here. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Any news on clock speeds?

Nope, Taiwan was hit by Typhoons end of last week and over weekend, when this happens Taiwan stops working and everyone stays home, for safety reasons. Having being in Taiwan when Typhoons have hit previously staying inside and not working is with very good reason and wind speeds typically exceed 150mph.

So information, shipments on pretty much everything has being delayed 3-4 days.

OcUK Staff
OP
MXAuIga.gif

That is brilliant, LOL! :D :D :D

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

What I am hearing this morning and it is not 100% confirmed.

Nitro+ OC: Card on pre-order at OcUK: 1342MHz
Nitro OC: Card soon to be on pre-order at OcUK: 1306MHz

Unfortunately the Nitro+ is coming in more expensive than anticipated, so the price will go up a little, all those who pre-order shall have pricing honoured.

Nitro shall be £249.95!

Good news is there shall also be a 4GB Nitro which I shall price at £209.99 Inc. VAT and shall also soon be available for pre-order. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
All three Nitro are now available to pre-order on OcUK.

The Nitro+ OC 8G shall increase to £259.99 inc. VAT tomorrow at 18:00, so were giving you plenty of advance warning and regular Nitro shall hold at £249.95 :)

OcUK Staff
OP
And if it's possible how many 480 sold in total so far?

Thousands, not will to post exact numbers as a lot of people read these forums including competitors, but OcUK is the UK no.1 on sales by not double, but over triple, crushing the competition. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
AMD screwed up, no wants the reference and how do you know how many they sold?

LOL.

You do realise reference is pretty much sold out everywhere, why do you think we massively increased our price on the Sapphire, because they are still flying and we cannot get enough.

Don't post absolute BS, as reference has sold exceptionally well.

OcUK Staff
OP
But reference will be compared against the 1060 in reviews tomorrow and that is the problem. AMD has messed up when they failed to push AIB's into releasing the mass selling custom cards in time for the 1060 launch. Lets face it, most people buy custom cards rather than reference.

It is not the AIB's fault, AMD over-sold on reference so the GPU went to building more reference to clear those backorders.

Sapphire alone have 5000 backorders on RX 480 reference still to fulfill in just the UK alone, that is the reason.

People post so much BS up, the real reasons are simply RX-480 demand was way way above what AMD could ever predicted. Custom cards go into product this weekend at numerous board partners. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Don't worry, it will slow enough once the 1060 goes on sale.

Its a good card but not good enough to build the momentum they need to compete with Nvidia.

In My opinion, and i hope i'm wrong :)

1060 will be great, I am confident RX 480 sales shall remain strong as well. Both cards are fantastic. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Yes i am comparing launch pricing as we always should. When the 480 is end of life lets compare it's Eol pricing to the gtx970. It's like for like pricing. At launch things always cost more due to manufacturing costs and demand. As things improve in manufacturing and demand drops then pricing will go down. The price/performance must be good as like Gibbo said these are sold out every where with pre orders still flying in.

The UK price matters not to the rest of the world. It's all about the $ price and there currency in comparison. In $ this card was a great price.

Exactly, 970's were not £199 at launch like they are now.

When RX 480's are EOL they will easily be around the £150 region.

OcUK Staff
OP
In the scale of things you are correct but you won't be able to buy a gtx970 or 390 as they are soon to be gone. Cards always start high and get lower mainly. So if the rrp is $200/$239 they should go down over time.

Correct, our 390's are now nearly all gone. We are speaking to a partner about building 1k more, but unfortunately it looks like they do not have the parts to do it at all. :(

970 we are now down to our last 1000 units, which we do not expect to last long because at the £199-£220 they are fantastic value, especially the Strix card which has £20 cashback to bring it sub £200 makes it the best buy.

OcUK Staff
OP
Gigabyte Radeon RX 480 G1 Gaming 4096MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £209.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Giga...DDR5-PCI-Express-Graphics-Card-GX-18E-GI.html

GV-RX480G1 GAMING-4GD, Core Clock: TBAMHz, Boost Clock: TBAMHz, Memory: 4096MB 7000MHz GDDR5, Stream Processors: 2304, Crossfire Ready, VR Ready, FreeSync Ready, 3 Years Warranty.

Only £209.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Gigabyte Radeon RX 480 G1 Gaming 8192MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £259.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Giga...DDR5-PCI-Express-Graphics-Card-GX-18D-GI.html

GV-RX480G1 GAMING-8GD, Core Clock: TBAMHz, Boost Clock: TBAMHz, Memory: 8192MB 8000MHz GDDR5, Stream Processors: 2304, Crossfire Ready, VR Ready, FreeSync Ready, 3 Years Warranty.

Only £259.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

PowerColor Radeon RX 480 Dual Cool 8192MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £235.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Powe...DDR5-PCI-Express-Graphics-Card-GX-189-PC.html

Core Clock: TBAMHz, Boost Clock: TBAMHz, Memory: 8192MB TBAMHz GDDR5, Stream Processors: 2304, Crossfire Ready, VR Ready, FreeSync Ready, 3 Years Warranty.

Only £235.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Back
Top Bottom