Scariest Monster / Thing in a game?

Soldato
The ginger boss in Clive Barker's Undying. I don't know what it was about that dude, but I played that game for hours and hours, twice through, and each time I made it to that boss, I tried a couple times and then stopped playing the game. Freaked me out big style :D that said, I am a total wuss :D

Soldato
Erm, Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2. There were underwater creatures called Drugons, took me a good couple of minutes to have the courage when i was younger to just jump in the water to get to the next area.

Soldato
The haunted cathedral in Thief 1 - had been creeping along a wooden ledge to grab some key, fell off, panic ran out to the courtyard and didn't move a muscle as screams and howls were all around :D

Didn't realise it had a save function between missions too, so this was 30 mins in and everything to lose!

M7EVIL_location.jpg

Yes! One of the few moments in gaming where I nearly crapped my pants. Thief is quite an eerie game anyway, with this level notching up the eeriness as well, I was on the verge of a panic attack. Don't think I could play it again lol.:p

Caporegime
^^At some point next year I'm going to have to play this the whole way through (Vista I think was causing issues that I couldn't resolve), and modded. :D

Associate
The big mutant gorillas in metro 2033 don't have the ammo to kill more than 1 and you had to look them in the face as you backed away to stop them charging you. o.O

Soldato
The Vore in Quake. That tremulous noise it made when it had seen you and you knew you were about to start running away from some homing missiles (or whatever the hell they were). Damn things used to hide out in dark corners just to make you jump more.
Also, how could I forget the poison headcrab in Half Life 2. Scary little blighter made me jump more than once.

Soldato
Amnesia i got that game aint played it yet though. Think ill play it tonight when everyones gone to bed and ill have the lights out and headphones on.

Soldato
The Vore in Quake. That tremulous noise it made when it had seen you and you knew you were about to start running away from some homing missiles (or whatever the hell they were). Damn things used to hide out in dark corners just to make you jump more.
Also, how could I forget the poison headcrab in Half Life 2. Scary little blighter made me jump more than once.

Also the Shambler I thought was damn scary. Always made me jump when you jump through one of those portals to get somewhere, only to find a bloody Shambler at the other end throwing bolts of electricity at you.:eek:

Associate
Processor: 1.5Ghz - Low budget CPUs such as Celeron or Duron needs to be at about twice the CPU speed
Memory: 1 GB
Hard Drive: TBD
Graphics: Radeon 9600/GeForceFX - Integrated graphics and very low budget cards might not work.

not high at all.

Soldato
The ginger boss in Clive Barker's Undying. I don't know what it was about that dude, but I played that game for hours and hours, twice through, and each time I made it to that boss, I tried a couple times and then stopped playing the game. Freaked me out big style :D that said, I am a total wuss :D

This mother trucker;

Aaron%20Revenant.jpg

Was only young when the game first came out and this guy scared the living crap outta me.
That's the one. Never made it past him :D

Back
Top Bottom