Scottish Elections Result

Permabanned
OP
Well, show me it then please.

Open your eyes and accept reality, perhaps?

Show me the evidence that we would flourish as an independent country

I'm bit bored of repeating myself ad nuesium on this (not today but generally); SO to save me copying and pasting if you are genuinely interested on my opinion search SC for the topical words under my username the threads will quickly become apparent. The Scottish Government also have some interesting figures if you wish to browse them.

Bring back to here what ever question you wish I will give you the answer, but it's about time you done some work yourself instead of throwing simple question after question in the vain hope that one somehow 'sticks'.

and show me the evidence that staying united will continue to drown us in debt.

History.

But, to turn the tables slightly.

Are you a deficit denier? Do you acknowledge the historic decline in the UK financial position and economic makeup?

Can you show me that the UK will NOT continue to die a death of debt?

Because that is the long term reality of the UK.

Last edited:
Soldato
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/briantaylor/2011/05/shout_of_joy_for_snp.html

This is probably the best summation of the election campaign by the partys.

It also mentions what I have said before - SNP win does not equal a call for independance merely they were good at the job over the last term.

Given the tough decisions they now have to face they cannot blame others. The people will give it's verdict next time.

Permabanned
OP
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/briantaylor/2011/05/shout_of_joy_for_snp.html

This is probably the best summation of the election campaign by the partys.

It also mentions what I have said before - SNP win does not equal a call for independance merely they were good at the job over the last term.

I quite like Brian Taylor! Where as with Glen Campbell now....

Given the tough decisions they now have to face they cannot blame others. The people will give it's verdict next time.

They haven't blamed anyone for much in the past so I don't see why it would start now. They correctly identified and highlighted where the spending cut to the block grant is coming from, and why.

Other than that, it's been relatively fine.

And in case you haven't noticed, the people have just given their verdict.

And that is an SNP majority government.

What they will have in five years time is the chance of offer its verdict on that term, then.

Soldato
SNP GET A MAJORITY IN SCOTLAND!

Woohoo, sorry guys I'm not interested in this thread anymore I'm away off out to party catch you all later. :D

Congrats, and under a PR system too, anyone would have thought given the AV campaign that it would be impossible... ;)

Permabanned
OP
Congrats, and under a PR system too

The honours go to the campaign teams and candidates of course, but yes I am very pleased thank you.

Yup, the SNP not only punched through the Labour designed anti-SNP glass ceiling at holyrood, but while doing so they also grabbed them by the scruff and repeatedly landed body blows until they were rolling about the floor. Metaphorically speaking, of course.

Hooray for common sense and a total rejection of negative politics.

anyone would have thought given the AV campaign that it would be impossible... ;)

:p

Last edited:
Associate
So If Scotland became independent and was successful does it pretty much seal the fate of the UK?

Can't see it staying together without Scotland really.

Soldato
And in case you haven't noticed, the people have just given their verdict.

And that is an SNP majority government.

What they will have in five years time is the chance of offer its verdict on that term, then.

I said;

I have underlined the pertinent word this time for you.

From this is it obvious I am referring to the people's verdict in five years time on the SNP's performance over that period.

Permabanned
OP
I only have a odd few pictures of the historic campaign sadly;

Debate about to start...

110503192425.jpg

Family getting a quick photo op..

peeblesx.jpg

A rest for wee eck..

peeblesy.jpg

Dog that thinks its a fox. Looked after her so a woman could go in to vote and yes I was a bit bored. Nice doggy though.. (looks like a german shepard head?)

110505165950.jpg

And no, this of course had nothing to do with me but the ironic summary of the whole campaign was worth a quick snap..

110505200426.jpg

:p

Back
Top Bottom