Scottish Elections Result

Permabanned
OP
Probably because the main age-old argument is Scottish independence from the Union.

I have to say it's a bit more unique than that, again if the disparity is that concerning for English tax payers they should be moaning about the lot.

Not just below average Scotland.

Permabanned
OP
So If Scotland became independent and was successful does it pretty much seal the fate of the UK?

Not if the Unionists are right, it would be way better off without us.

I believe that dismantling the UK is in all of our long term interest though.

Can't see it staying together without Scotland really.

They technically could, but I don't think it would be worth it to continue myself..

Permabanned
OP
If Scotland becomes Independent, that will basically mean that England and Wales will be run by the Conservatives for the next million years won't it? Doesn't England vote predominantly Tory?

Near enough.

Not only this, but the massive swings to the SNP effectively means they are increadibly unlikely to overturn the seat majorities next time round either.

They aren't wiped off the map, but it's near enough. Westminster and holyrood voting intentions clearly are varied and disconnected, but this will start to have a cross over effect.

In pictures;

2007;

2007a.jpg

Now;

2011ys.jpg

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Associate
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/financ...s-bust-as-iceland-if-it-had-been-independent/

Do the maths. It has cost the UK taxpayer £70bn to recapitalise the Scottish banks – this was no UK banking crisis, but a Scottish one – and the sums needed would undoubtedly have been a great deal larger had not taxpayers from the UK as a whole been standing behind the liabilities. Shared among a population of little more than half the size of London, that’s £14,000 per head.

nps guyz.

Soldato
Most people round here who vote SNP are proper knuckle draggers who can't get beyond their hatred. They fail to see beyond SNPs claims they will have a referendum for independence and instead seize upon it as a means of letting that hate out. It's undeniable that SNP have picked up a lot of votes from neanderthals who wouldn't normally vote but can only see an option of splitting from the Union.

Caporegime
It's worth noting that Scotland is richest area outside of London and the South East of England.

its worth noting idf youi go to the bottom of the page theres a full breakdown of the richest and poorest regions.

i think its afe to say scotland get more than they contribute

Back
Top Bottom