Scottish Elections Result

Permabanned
OP
Most people round here who vote SNP are proper knuckle draggers who can't get beyond their hatred. They fail to see beyond SNPs claims they will have a referendum for independence and instead seize upon it as a means of letting that hate out. It's undeniable that SNP have picked up a lot of votes from neanderthals who wouldn't normally vote but can only see an option of splitting from the Union.

I never had anyone mention independence to me really, the clincher was council tax freeze.

Caporegime
Yeah, tax income, it's not 100% tax!

In addition to this, where has the myth that Scotland would own the North Sea oil reserves in the event of accedence from the union come from? North sea oil reserves are owned by five countries. In the event of Scotland splitting from the UK, the Continental shelf convention would need to be reworked, and ratified differently, it does not automatically mean that England would lose access to North Sea oil reserves.

Caporegime
lol googled and found an article from 2007.

what is scotland became independant :D
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...cotland-achieved-its-independence-432319.html
f countries such as Malta, with a population less than Edinburgh's, can be self-governing, supporters of independence believe there is no reason why Scotland shouldn't. Optimistic nationalists claim Scotland could be as prosperous as Ireland, Norway, Denmark or Iceland with enough revenue from oil, gas, renewable energy and other industries to invest in a fund to look after future generations.
bet norway and denmark arent doing much better either ROFL

Permabanned
OP
*jumps ship*

So... if you get independence, can the North East go with you? Then we just need a republic of London and the Tories can pretty much please themselves :p

lol.

I wouldn't say no there are a few cultural similarities as well, but it couldn't be immediate it would drown the potential.

After a while if the North East is still lacking required attention and investment from Westminster, hell why not.

Associate
In addition to this, where has the myth that Scotland would own the North Sea oil reserves in the event of accedence from the union come from? North sea oil reserves are owned by five countries. In the event of Scotland splitting from the UK, the Continental shelf convention would need to be reworked, and ratified differently, it does not automatically mean that England would lose access to North Sea oil reserves.

I read somewhere that the "brent field" would go to Norway, don't know why that would be, but they seemed to know what they were talking about.

Don
There's already defined Scottish waters as part of devolution.

I read somewhere that the "brent field" would go to Norway, don't know why that would be, but they seemed to know what they were talking about.
Errr no.

lol googled and found an article from 2007.

what is scotland became independant :D
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...cotland-achieved-its-independence-432319.html
bet norway and denmark arent doing much better either ROFL
Given that Norway is the only other country out of that lot with a large oil industry we would be more like them than the rest.

They have something like £300B stashed away for a rainy day now.

Soldato
SNP is the right choice for Scotland just now so im glad they got a majority now lets see how they run the country over the next few years. Also hope we do get our vote on independence at the very least it will get the thing out the way so we can move on with either a yes or no to it.

Permabanned
OP
In addition to this, where has the myth that Scotland would own the North Sea oil reserves in the event of accedence from the union come from?

Scotland has a claim for Scottish North Sea Oil, not ALL north sea oil.

(are you actually being serious here? If it is a myth, you've just made it up)

North sea oil reserves are owned by five countries.

Irrelevent.

In the event of Scotland splitting from the UK, the Continental shelf convention would need to be reworked, and ratified differently, it does not automatically mean that England would lose access to North Sea oil reserves.

Absolute make believe.

Try harder.

Permabanned
OP
Yeah, thats better. You seemed to miss the part where I said that i voted for SNP, im happy that they have a majority and Im willing to give them a chance, im even happy for a vote on independence but also pretty confident it would get turned down once and for all.

At present, yes I totally agree.

The coming decade is our chance to show the Scottish people that there is the chance of another viable direction.

Permabanned
OP
as far as im concerned you can have your freedom, dont expect us to help when it goes **** up

We would operate like any other small country in that regards.

or someone declares war on you

Very very unlikely, and no European country will be attacking another neither will neighbours stand idly by and watch agression.

Scotland will have armed forces appropriate for self defence, nothing more.

We wouldn't invite a declaration of war, no one would be interested.

Soldato
So you don't want independence because being a member of the UK is clearly beneficial to Scotland, and yet you want the ability to make your own decisions, lets use free tuition fees as a rather basic example. Thats possibly nothing to do with the fact that the money received from the UK helps you achieve these desireable factors?

Personally I do. But that isn't the sole reason people voted for SNP. It's about making changes we want rather than what is dictated by London.

Back
Top Bottom