Scottish Elections Result

Soldato
Alex Salmond coming up.

4211 - conservative
lib dem - 4238
SNP - 19535
Labour - 2304.

Very big. Very very big. But no surprise. The SNP aren't as stupid as Labour, they put their leader in very safe seats. ;) 64.5% of the vote, another biggun! +22% change to SNP.

I grew up in Aberdeenshire so it's interesting for me.

Not sure if he can jabber on about positive campaigning so much when there was such an obvious and apparent attempt to refuse to truly address the issue of independence. But the horrible negative campaigning of Labour isn't something we want to see or need in Scotland or any election in the UK.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Very big. Very very big. But no surprise. The SNP aren't as stupid as Labour, they put their leader in very safe seats. ;) 64.5% of the vote, another biggun! +22% change to SNP.

I grew up in Aberdeenshire so it's interesting for me.

You know he's born and bred, 24 years he's represented them in various guises!! :p

My old man was from Stonehaven, so it's pretty interesting to me too ;)

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
"resources are for the people, people are not for the resources"

Wonder how that will go down, and attacking the crown estate already :o :D

hahaha

Soldato
You know he's born and bred, 24 years he's represented them in various guises!! :p

My old man was from Stonehaven, so it's pretty interesting to me too ;)

But he's not born and bred is he? Linlithgow isn't Aberdeen. Also, didn't he have a seat in Glasgow at some point? Govan I believe but not entirely sure. SNP in exaggerating their credentials shocker? :p. I'm phoning The Daily Rangers right now!

Permabanned
OP
But he's not born and bred is he? Linlithgow isn't Aberdeen. Also, didn't he have a seat in Glasgow at some point? Govan I believe but not entirely sure.

No, but next best thing they've adopted him. But quite. ;)

No not Salmond afaik, it's always been the N/E represenation by in large. Look at his majority!! He is practically unassailable.

Mcletchie is done! :/

Last edited:
Soldato
Going to be another SNP take over Labour in Glasgow?

That Ruth Davidson is the head of our List, so she should be alright... That Labour bird is a bit of alright, for an older lass.

And yes, another SNP gain over Labour in Glasgow.

Permabanned
OP
I thought the Conservatives had shored themself up better than this, I am quite suprised by Mcletchie he was the only other well known conservative face tbh with you.

Permabanned
OP
You're forgetting that Conservatives put their well known candidates first on the regional list, Labour don't. He's still got a chance.

I still don't understand the explanation that podgy Labour woman gave an hour ago or so for Labour not doing that themself.

Did you catch it?

Permabanned
OP
Edinburgh West. In the bag! This is a near SNP national takeover.

This really has changed the political map of Scotland significantly.

All because of a sandwich eh... what a difference a day makes indeed. ;)

Back
Top Bottom