Scottish Elections Result

lol! At least the conservatives aren't collapsing though, that would be more depressing for you.

That's very true. It would be nice for the Conservatives to be getting some gains in percentage but that's me just dreaming. Can I suggest that's because they are the leading Westminster party? Or is it just Scotlands refusal to vote Conservatives...

I do know some people who are voting Conservatives for the first time though so it is encouraging. Would be nice to get some bums on seats though!

SNP dodging the question about why they didn't bring in a referendum on BBC1.
He accepts that many of his supporters support because they like what the SNP do in government, but that a large portion do so because they want independence.
Reaffirming that they won't have the referendum won't come into play until the end of the 2011-2016 term. 8-9 years after an SNP government and that is the issue I take with the SNP.

That has been all SNP have done for the full campaign, completely dodging the referendum question every single time it was asked, even though it is essentially their main policy.

I predict a referendum coming back with a massive no vote, and I can't wait for it to happen.

That has been all SNP have done for the full campaign, completely dodging the referendum question every single time it was asked, even though it is essentially their main policy.

I predict a referendum coming back with a massive no vote, and I can't wait for it to happen.

If they introduced it tomorrow, then yes so do I. However, they won't. They'll take their 5 years and then tack it on at the end of their electoral campaign. They'll then pump out all the stats that show what a good job they have been doing which don't have any relevance and turn voters because of that. But, ultimately it'll return a no vote.

38% turn out in Shettleston. Biggest swing so far, smallest turnout. Interesting.

John Curtice has come out saying it's inevitable that SNP will take a majority.

That's very true. It would be nice for the Conservatives to be getting some gains in percentage but that's me just dreaming. Can I suggest that's because they are the leading Westminster party? Or is it just Scotlands refusal to vote Conservatives...

The latter.

Scot's (and adoptive Scot's) are very good at disconnecting their Scottish and Westminster votes.

I do know some people who are voting Conservatives for the first time though so it is encouraging. Would be nice to get some bums on seats though!

Well that's an improvement, may only be small moves just now but the rolling stone gathers moss as they say. The decline is over, after this we will see if there is any stagnation to come yet. There could be positive indicators from this yet..

Back
Top Bottom