*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Soldato
I've got a Sky Q dish and understood that this doesn't work with Freesat unless you change the LNB end bit or whatever it's called?

Swap it over for about £15 to a standard Sky quad LNB, most are just undoing a clamp and putting the new one on, but you should check your dish. It might be a hybrid one but it is unlikely.

Soldato
Swap it over for about £15 to a standard Sky quad LNB, most are just undoing a clamp and putting the new one on, but you should check your dish. It might be a hybrid one but it is unlikely.

I'm in a townhouse, no chance I'm getting up a ladder that high...:)

Will have to get someone in.

Soldato
Received first email from Sky today after giving notice to cancel earlier this week.

£40 for Sports, Cinema, HD and Box Sets, also offered Kids pack for £2 instead of £5. £10 fee but am sure that's negotiable.

My subscription for HD, Sports, Cinema and Kids was going up to £68 from next month so not a bad saving.

Will leave it and see if anything better comes along.

Associate
I think sky sports customers should get the Disney plus service for free when it starts as now and for the foreseeable future there is going to be no live sports at all due to the virus.

Soldato
I think sky sports customers should get the Disney plus service for free when it starts as now and for the foreseeable future there is going to be no live sports at all due to the virus.

National League was on today, am surprised Sky didn't get some cameras to the grounds just to have something to fill up their schedule besides PL highlights from 5 years ago.

Soldato
Serious question though, I have Sky Sports mostly for the live football and golf all of which have been stopped, not interested in old re-runs, should I get a refund as I'm not getting what I'm paying for.

Looking on social media, a lot of people are stating and asking the same thing.
Unfortunately, Sky are using a copy/paste message back saying that sporting events haven't been cancelled, just postponed and therefore no change to payments

Given what is going on and that many will shortly find themselves out of work, that response coupled with the price increase most of us will have been told about, is all in rather poor taste if you ask me.

Associate
I doubt sky will change the price especially for the sports. You could say the same for the movies as In six months or so sky movies premier will have no new movies to screen, as none or very few are being released in the cinema right now.

Soldato
Folks... Ive been taken off the Box Sets, Sky Q Multiscreen pack and HD basic.
But they added on the Sky HD, Ultra HD, Sky Signature, Multiscreen and Kids.

Does any of this comes with Netflix or something? Did I read right that one of the above has basic netflix with it?

Or am I talking tosh?

Caporegime
Folks... Ive been taken off the Box Sets, Sky Q Multiscreen pack and HD basic.
But they added on the Sky HD, Ultra HD, Sky Signature, Multiscreen and Kids.

Does any of this comes with Netflix or something? Did I read right that one of the above has basic netflix with it?

Or am I talking tosh?
Sky signature comes with basic Netflix, yes.

Back
Top Bottom