*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

V F

V F

Soldato
Can a sim card from an Orange Barcelona be transferred to it? oh, that Nexus is a tablet.

Last edited:
Commissario
Canceling sky and moving to Virgin

Quick question.

Spoke to Virgin about moving my TV package over to them and they offered to contact Sky on my behalf and cancel my Sky Tv subscription.

Anyone else cancelled this way, or did you contact Sky yourself to give them the bad news?

Cheers.

Soldato
FYI, was today cancelling Sky after 20+ years as a customer. They did the usual feeble effort to keep me and I did some research into their charges.

1993 Sky multi channel charges introduced at £6.99 pm
2013 Sky multi channel price? Well, accounting for inflation here it should be £12.06

It's certainly a helluva lot more. Sure, more channels but 90% of it is total dross.

Freeview PVR beckons!

Soldato
I'm dying to get rid of SKY it's rubbish really. Still can't seem to persuade the wife that these channels she watches are all free....

just wish the PVR options had an EPG that is as easy to use as SKY. Even the Humax one get's me baffled sometimes like if a program has started why can't I record the whole series? Anyway badly designed EPG's are for another topic :D

Soldato
I'm watching less and less TV every week now. And most of what I watch is on netflix anyway. We cut movies a while back and have not missed them at all, pretty much the only channel I watch is 'Atlantic' and really, it would be a hell of a lot cheaper to just wait and buy any series I liked on dvd, or try and catch them online.
I can see a time soon when all we will have from sky is the phoneline and 'net, which is very good.

Associate
I've had Sky for a few months now, but lately due to work / other commitments I hardly watch it, and when I do it's usually stuff from OnDemand services / recorded tv I can get from OnDemand.

With me moving back into my parents place (Who have full on whack Virgin) in a couple of months due to my apartment being sold off; I was wondering if it'd be a good idea to get sky to put me on the lowest possible (read: Cheapest) rates and stick with that till it runs out, rather than pay it all off in one. What is the Cheapest package sky do?

Soldato
I've just managed to get free line rental out of Sky too.

I now pay less than £20 a month for all channels including HD, unlimited broadband and phone line :D

Will have to try and get the same again in 12 months.

Soldato
I now pay less than £20 a month for all channels including HD, unlimited broadband and phone line

Makes me sick - we have as good as no choice on broadband options here (2 providers), no choice other than Freesat or Sky. I have 16meg (hah!) broadband, basic Sky+ and phone line rental (which we make no calls on at all) costs £68!

Managed to get quite a bit out of Sky over the years by threatening to cancel - needed a new dish (including dish relocation), cabling and Sky box, I told them I'm going and ended up getting all that and an HD box (Sky+ subscriber) and got the lot for free. Still have to pay Mr Murdoch nearly £22 a month though :(

Soldato
I've just managed to get free line rental out of Sky too.

I now pay less than £20 a month for all channels including HD, unlimited broadband and phone line :D

Will have to try and get the same again in 12 months.

Great deal... but they dont repeat them forever. I've had deals in the past but today my 20 year loyalty was rewarded with "well we can get £3 off that £35 bill".. "No thanks, take my 30 days notice lady!!" :D

Back
Top Bottom