SPL Season 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
However, if Celtic play like that in the next Old Firm game then they'll be lucky to take anything from it.

fixed that for ya bud, we are not playing well at all at the moment, in fact only McGeady and Boruc seem worthy of pass marks in the last couple of games.

The 4th of October is looming and im not awfully confident:(

Associate
You think Rangers are playing better ?

I think we are poorer.

Like I say, there seems to be only 2 of the starting 11 putting in passable performances, with the odd exception of course. Brown is having a poor season, Heid shouldn't be allowed near the stadium and we are looking distinctly toothless up front a situation we haven't aided by splurging our transfer budget on ONE striker who is now injured.

I dont see where we have options to mix things up and put a little pressure on those starting every week.

Having said all that, we are still top of the league and that fact should not be ignored, maybe I'm being overly pessimistic... I hope so!

Last edited:
Soldato
Havent seen either game but from what I've read it seems like the ref was the spoiler on Saturday and only 1 of the bookings was actually a booking. Like I said not seen it. Mate who was at the San Giro yesterday said if they had had the same ref we had there would easily have been sendings off there too. Mind you again from what I've read you could have looked at a player the wrong way and would have got a yellow on Saturday.

*removed* ahead by 2 points. Well what do they say its a marathon not a sprint. They had larger leads last year and we are the Champions.

Associate
Disappointing league results so far from Rangers.

Our away form in the SPL really is terrible. I just don`t understand why we aren`t capable of playing like we played against Dundee Utd on the last day of last season.

2 Goals (1 Penalty goals) in 3 away games is pretty grim and nowhere near good enough. i`m also not buying in to the fact that Mendes was Harshly sent off. He deserved to be booked both times.

Our midfiled simply isn`t supplying our strikers properly.

Last edited:
Associate
Btw guys, i`m curious as to how many of you who post on the SPL thread actually go to all the games or have season tickets?

I`ve been a season ticker holder for 22 years and make the very occasioanly away game but never miss a home game.

Soldato
Btw guys, i`m curious as to how many of you who post on the SPL thread actually go to all the games or have season tickets?

I`ve been a season ticker holder for 22 years and make the very occasioanly away game but never miss a home game.

I used to go to Pittodrie when I could but I'm not in the country no more so can't go to any games :(

Also worked down in the South of England for 2 years before this and so haven't really made it to many games over the past 4 years or so. Had a season ticket for around 8 years before though.

Soldato

Haven't been to a Partick Thistle game in years since our last relegation to division two before John Lambie came back.

Usually just watch some SPL games on TV these days.

Soldato
Season ticket holder at Parkhead and I only miss games when shifts at work interfere. I used to attend every match, home, away and Europe but finances won't allow that anymore.

afraser, you thespian. Thistle where my local team when I was growing up in Possil and I still search out there results every week. It certainly lifts my day when I can wind up the Morton fans at work. Although I say that they are Morton fans, they all support Rangers too. If it's been a weekend of good results for Celtic and Thistle, I can wind them up twice as much. :)

Last edited:
Associate
Due to various reasons work/life comittments etc I dont make near as many games as would like.

That may change soon tho, looking into the possibility of getting a season ticket:)

Soldato
I work long hours during the week to keep the wolf at the door and so weekends are spent with the kids - 12 yr old, 6 yr old and 4 yr old. I don't mind admitting that they are my priority although, if the games are televised, they are always on - lol.

Last game I went to see was about two to three years ago when Aberdeen scored a last minute winner at Parkhead to end Celtics 67 game unbeaten run at home

Soldato
Used to go to Ibrox as a kid. Then got a job and had no money, then got money but got a house so money never lasted. Then got more money but got a wife can you see the pattern here. So basically when I got money other things got in the way thinking of getting a family ticket for me and jnr to go but he's not really been showing an interest yet. I live in hope. Get tot he odd game if a mate cant make it and use bit card instead same with work mates I sometimes get a loan of their card.

Soldato
Ragers beat Queen Of The South 2-1. Boyd clearly offside for the first and then he attempts to win a penalty by diving in the box. Queens create a bucketload of chances but only convert one. I wonder if there will be a witch-hunt against Boyd for that dive, just as there was against McGeady?

Celts cruise to a 4-0 win against Falkirk with Paddy McCourt running the show and capping it off with a fine goal. Lots of changes in midfield allowed scoring opportunities for Falkirk in the last ten minutes but the failed to convert any. I can't really blame the kids who came on for Celtic as they where continually pushing upfield looking for goals and trying to impress.

Associate
OP
A routine win. The CIS cup only really gets exciting in the Final, and even then only if we get to play a wee diddy team from Govan.

What's keeping Paddy McCourt from being a real top-flight footballer? Is it fitness or is it just because he looks like a jakey bam? :D

Soldato
A routine win. The CIS cup only really gets exciting in the Final, and even then only if we get to play a wee diddy team from Govan.

What's keeping Paddy McCourt from being a real top-flight footballer? Is it fitness or is it just because he looks like a jakey bam? :D

Maybe its more than looks :D

As for Boyds shocking dive. Deservedly booked just like McGreedy was. It also cost him a penalty when his heels were clipped in the box. The exactly the same challange happened later outside the box and a foul was awarded to QotS later on.

Oddie I'm sure you and yer mates will be flooding the phone ins tonight wanting him banned for life like Eduardo funny how you went silent on that when McGreedy was done for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom