SPL Season 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

daz

daz

Soldato
Burley's a good manager and if he does lose his job, I think he will go away and manage either in the SPL or Premiership. You guys have been dreadfully unlucky with injuries to key players and the controversy and lack of press support. I'd like to see him go head to head with Mowbray... Rangers versus Celtic.

Nor

Nor

Associate
Gordon out injured apparently, so looking at Marshall :( Would rather have McGregor tbh. I'd also like to have seen Thomson at least on the bench. I know he's not played much since he's been back for injury, but even for cover he'd have been useful. Glad it looks like we're sticking with Weir, though Caldwell has been a concern of late.

Regarding Miller up front. Honest to God, that boy seemed to make the most baffling runs on Saturday. We all know he's not gonna get loads of goals, but you at least expect him to make intelligent runs. Nigh on every one of his runs was in places he was unavailable for a pass. Don't think he was hiding either.

Let's hope we keep it reasonably tight and can nick a goal.

Last edited:
Soldato
I agree but he's all we have! Mind you, being a Rangers man he'll probably rule himself out, one way or another :p

Ha thought he played really well for his first full Cap.

Like I said thought I didnt see where goals were coming from and I was right. Miller was his usual self as was Maloney. He can count himself lucky he was flagged for offside when he went clean through and fell over a blade of grass :D

Even though replay shows he timed the run perfectly. Felt sorry for Weir he had to attempt clearing the ball as the dutch lad was through regardless. Pity we wait till the last match to actually try.

Nor

Nor

Associate
Naismith did very well last night. Miller's limitations are well known, so don't think we can blame him too much for the sitters. It's what Kenny Miller does. Davie Weir was pretty solid for most of the match, pity about the mistake, he did looked pretty knackered near the end.

Thought we played very well last night overall, great mentality, just not enough quality. The lack of quality isn't Burley's fault though. I'd give him a shot at the 2012 qualifiers. The last 2 managers failed to get us to the finals, don't think we should hunt Burley when we didn't hunt them. A bit of continuity might do us good.

I would get rid of Peat and Smith before we get rid of the Scotland manager. Their reign has been farcical.

Last edited:
Soldato
Tbh I'd get rid of all 3.

Agreed. Unfortunately I doubt we'll see anything more than Burley out depending on if the fans back him or not, which I don't think he's ever had. Mind you with Strachan and Souness being mentioned as replacements I might just want him kept on. Doubt any of the manager replacements could do anything with the squad since it's the whole system at fault.

Usual Scotland story. Try hard against the tough teams and get owned by the "rubbish" ones.

As for the game, nice dive by Kuyt to earn him a booking.

Associate
Naismith did very well last night. Miller's limitations are well known, so don't think we can blame him too much for the sitters. It's what Kenny Miller does.
Lets not forget about Browns sitter. Was so disappointing watching Scotland not qualify again but what can you expect from a campaign like that? We got more chances on goal last night than we have the whole campaign itself I bet :p. I don't rate Boyd that much but I think there has been so many games he would have put it in the back of the net where others have missed.

Nor

Nor

Associate
Lets not forget about Browns sitter. Was so disappointing watching Scotland not qualify again but what can you expect from a campaign like that? We got more chances on goal last night than we have the whole campaign itself I bet :p. I don't rate Boyd that much but I think there has been so many games he would have put it in the back of the net where others have missed.

Don't agree that Brown's was a sitter. He didn't have the ball under control, he stretched to get his studs on a ball crossed in at speed. It was a cracking chance though, pity it wasn't put away.

Boyd would have scored a good number on this campaign. It's a pity he took the huff and refused to play for Burley.

Last edited:

daz

daz

Soldato
Tbh I'd have taken the huff being left ont he Bench when that donkey Iwulumu (sp?) went on in front of me.

As a professional footballer, he shouldn't worry about team selection and should just get on and do what the manager asks of him. If that means being on the bench every so often, so be it.

Michael Owen and other players don't refuse to play for Capello when left out, do they?

Associate
OP
Motherwell 0 - 0 Rangers

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8249342.stm

Family Club Motherwell missed a late pen, Bougherra sent off. Rangers didn't look too clever either, I'm dying for a gloat but Dundee United have pricked that bubble already...:rolleyes:

Celtic 0-1 Dundee Utd L
Motherwell 0-0 Rangers R
St Mirren 0-0 St Johnstone L

Hertz/Killie game is off due to a chemical spill in Shotts.

Soldato
Looks like Celtic's goal came from a "dubious" free kick after poor decision from the officials according to the radio. Levein will be good for a laugh about it.

Motherwell looked good for the win today and Bougherra should've known better. Had some nice moments of skill from Motherwell especially on the wings.

Soldato
Terrific game of football the Motherwell-Rangers game - can't believe the confidence Motherwell were playing with. As much as I hate to say it, some really nice moves from Rangers too. Before kick off, I think Motherwell would have been happy with a point but they really had a lot of chances to grab a winner.

Now, c'mon the tic

Soldato
Celtic 1 - 1 Dundee Utd

Celtic having a claim for a penalty at the end of the game turned down so probably makes up for the free kick that lead to their goal and Utd down to 10 men. Celtic fans not happy at the end of the game.

Good to see Motherwell and Dundee Utd going at the Old Firm rather than sitting back. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom