SPL Season 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I take it those sarcastic litle eyes of yours are aimed at the officials? If you doubt me, watch the highlights of the game.

OK I have seen some of the game so far and I saw a dubious free kick given leading to the Celtic goal as some of the other people on here have mentioned already and also Samaras' headed goal was JUST offside, was a very run close offside decision but he was JUST offside.

Soldato
Highlights are up on BBC. Looks like Samaras was just offside as the ball was played, though it was close. Dundee Utd got away with a handball incident when it hit their players arm so I guess it was equal for any claims of bias.

Soldato
Highlights are up on BBC. Looks like Samaras was just offside as the ball was played, though it was close. Dundee Utd got away with a handball incident when it hit their players arm so I guess it was equal for any claims of bias.

As I said earlier on Fraser I thought he was JUST offside too, good spot by the linesman, I actually think it became more obvious as the defender stepped up as Samaras moved up just after the ball was played but as the ball was played he was half a man offside.

Nor

Nor

Associate

I think Samaras was just off too, though it's difficult to tell from the angle of the camera.

The handball that United got pulled up for was a freekick. The defender's arms were in an 'unnatural position' and prevented the cross into the box. It's a freekick. The Dodds handball was a stick on penalty, but it takes a brave ref to award a penalty so late in the game.

Don't think a draw was the wrong result. Celtic just weren't good enough.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sounds like a typical post-Europe result for Rangers today. Should be interesting to see if Celtic can take advantage tomorrow or suffer the same.

Edit: Half-time currently Hearts 1-0 up and Celtic apparently playing a shocker today, lots of arguing between the players especially in defence.

Final score 2-1 Celtic win it with corner in 3rd minute of injury time though kind of strange one since Hearts player left it to run out thinking it was a goal kick?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Rubbish, Hearts were leading for half the game, lost an equaliser and finally Celtic score in the 90th minute. The loss wouldn't have been totally unexpected before the game but it's a bit of a harsh result considering.

Soldato
Rubbish, Hearts were leading for half the game, lost an equaliser and finally Celtic score in the 90th minute. The loss wouldn't have been totally unexpected before the game but it's a bit of a harsh result considering.

Indeed but as always Celtic are capable of scoring last minute winners.

However, there will be debate as to whether it was actually a corner from which Celtic did score from as Wallace allowed the ball to go out but TV pictures haven't cleared it up as of yet.

Anyways feel sorry for Hearts, again down well against one of the big 2 and have fallen short right at the death of the game.

Anyways as for my team, yet another uninspiring 0-0 game away at Killie, apparently a farsicle performance from the ref all in all ruining the game. I didnt get to witness it so I can't say for sure but that seems to be the chat thats doing the rounds.

Cup games in midweek now.

Associate
Loovens got us out of jail there!!

By all accounts we were poor again, glad to get the 3pts considering Rangers slipped up yesterday

Nor

Nor

Associate
Listened to the game on the radio and sounded like a pretty bad Celtic performance. Strikers were woeful, missed a few sitters. Good to be top of the league, but a lot of work to be done on that team. The league is anyones.

Associate
OP
Close one! We we're mince with the exception of McGeady and possibly Fox.

It's early days but 2 points ahead having been to Pittodrie and Easter Road is an acceptable start. We still look fragile though and we'll need to sort it out before we head to Castle Greyskull.

However, there will be debate as to whether it was actually a corner from which Celtic did score from as Wallace allowed the ball to go out but TV pictures haven't cleared it up as of yet.

No debate imo, even when I watched it live I was wondering wtf he was doing letting it run because he clearly touched it last.

Soldato
Looks like it was a mixed game for the referee's calls for both sides.

At the end of the day they got the three points so the fans will be thanking their luck. However, if Celtic's defence play like that in the next Old Firm game then they'll be lucky to take anything from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom