SPL Season 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I think Celtic are likely to be stronger after the January window. That said, if Celtic are ahead in the league, I wouldn't put it past the Celtic board to gamble like they did last season and keep what they have.

I doubt even the Celtic board will allow last season's events to happen again given that they were seven points clear at one point only to throw it away. I'd expect Celtic to get another couple of players in at least to strengthen the squad especially if they have a decent Europa run.

Soldato
Indeed to lose 2 offside goals in the second half was sloppy. Sorry slipped into Eddie mode blaming the officials there :D

Last edited:

Nor

Nor

Associate
On the plus side for Rangers, you'd expect a big reaction from that defeat on Sunday. Looking forward to Thursday.

Soldato
Slack defending cost us an early goal but given the chances we had, we should have won. Other results in the group show that we have no fear when it comes to playing the Jerries and I hope we can at least pick up four points from those two games.

Roll on Sunday.

Soldato
Slack defending cost us an early goal but given the chances we had, we should have won. Other results in the group show that we have no fear when it comes to playing the Jerries and I hope we can at least pick up four points from those two games.

Roll on Sunday.

I think we played very well last night and deserved to win it but it was a tiring game - could have done with more than 2 days rest before the OF game.

Soldato
I think we played very well last night and deserved to win it but it was a tiring game - could have done with more than 2 days rest before the OF game.

:rolleyes: so it begins, it's early season so I dont think it has that big an effect at this moment in time.

Anyways roll on Sunday, we played some very decent stuff on Tuesday night and it was really a weak ref and poor defending which ultimately cost us.

Having to sit through that 23minutes of utter shambles was painful in the stands, looked back and Edu and Broadfoot were totally bewildered like the fans.

Hopefully we'll see a reaction from the players and take the win.

Soldato
Kenny Miller scores at Ibrox to make it 1-0 Rangers, shocking defending from Celtic's CBs but still early for Celtic to claw it back.

Edit: And he does it again, 2-0 Rangers with only 15 minutes gone. :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
Is that 2 dives in the area already by celtic? Both were going down before even getting touched if they got touched at all. Nice to see they aren't hypocrites :rolleyes:.

Soldato
One apparently stonewall penalty from Maloney with decent claim turned down though he got done for diving after it so wasn't sure on the claim. They're falling in the box easily enough especially Zhi.

Zhi just got a penalty that McGeady scores, 2-1.

Last edited:
Soldato
Absolute shocking defending again by Celtic centre halves - if we want to progress this season, that has to be sorted. Glad we got the score back a bit. We look like we are dominating posession and are more comfortable on the ball. Hopefully, the defenders can pick up the case in the 2nd half and the rest of the team needs to just keep doing what its doing.

Zhi looks like a player who could be a good addition. Brown and McGeady looking hapless.

Soldato
At the moment Celtic looking good for the draw with the way they're playing.

Wilson now booked for diving in the box for Celtic.

Finished 2-1 Rangers.

Last edited:

Nor

Nor

Associate
Terrible defending by Celtic for the first 2 goals. Mowbray has to sort that out. Up front Celtic are missing a clinical striker. Celtic denied a stonewall penalty, but that's what happens at Ibrox. They should have been good enough in open play to beat that Rangers side and only have themselves to blame.

Soldato
Is that 2 dives in the area already by celtic? Both were going down before even getting touched if they got touched at all. Nice to see they aren't hypocrites :rolleyes:.

Yep, even in Celtic's penalty claim Maloney was already midway through a dive. They ended up with two yellows for diving.

Funniest was the Samaras hand ball, I didn't see it until the replay, and thought by the way he was protesting he might not have done it... He got both hands to the ball. :p

Associate

Not sure at all what 'dives' your talking about:confused: I'm aware Maloney got booked but it looked to me like there was contact.

However, that was the refs call so not much I can do about it:)

Woeful Celtic defending let Rangers get two goals up, after that It was always going to be uphill against a Rangers team who, for long periods of the match looked content to sit back and soak it up, which they did rather well.

Concern from me is that despite our possesion/territory advantages we did not trouble McGregor anywhere near enough.

Samaras, again, didnt really look interested when he came on. Brown was average at best. The less said about the 2 centre backs the better.

On the plus side I thought McGeady was at least giving 100%, McCourt was willing and always looking for the ball when he came on and it was a decent debut from Zhi.

And to cap it all off, despite the defeat we are still 1pt ahead in the league. By hook or by crook bhoys, eh?

Soldato
Not sure at all what 'dives' your talking about:confused: I'm aware Maloney got booked but it looked to me like there was contact.

However, that was the refs call so not much I can do about it:)

Yeah - the replay at the end of the game showed contact and the referee made the decision on the angle he had - doesn't make it right but we live with it.

The better team lost today although the Rangers defending was dogged and made all the difference.

I still remain confident for the season as a whole - didn't see enough there to think that Rangers will be a threat - they were gifted two goals. I think they will lose more points to the other teams in the league than we will.

Mowbray has a job to sort out the defence which has been problematical for a while now.

We dominated so much in posession just like the last game at Ibrox but as Charlie says, if you don't convert that into chances, you don't deserve to go away with 3 points and he was right.

Was a VERY exciting game though !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom