SPL Season 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Does this have to happen every time Celtic and Rangers play? It might just be me but does no-one else get tired of the same old retorts to half-imagined insults and the pettiness of the nicknames?

For the little it matters the other results of the weekend were:
Hibernian 1-1 Dundee United
St Mirren 2-1 Hearts
Hamilton Accies 0-2 St Johnstone
Motherwell 1-0 Falkirk
Kilmarnock 1-1 Aberdeen

Hearts get beaten by St Mirren - for shame. :o

Soldato
To be fair Waster St Mirren were not bad vrs Celtic apart from none of them wanting to tackle McCourt in fact they decided to run away from him. Then there was the offside goal to make it 2- 0. So I'm really not that surprised at all.

Soldato
Does this have to happen every time Celtic and Rangers play? It might just be me but does no-one else get tired of the same old retorts to half-imagined insults and the pettiness of the nicknames?

It's always the same on Old Firm day as the Celtic fans keep claiming referee conspiracies (even though they had most of the decisions yesterday other than the penalty "claim") and Rangers fans try to wind them up although apparently more "fun" this time round when their players were booked for diving after the Eduardo furore.

For the little it matters the other results of the weekend were:
Hibernian 1-1 Dundee United
St Mirren 2-1 Hearts
Hamilton Accies 0-2 St Johnstone
Motherwell 1-0 Falkirk
Kilmarnock 1-1 Aberdeen

Hearts get beaten by St Mirren - for shame. :o

Good result for St Mirren, wonder if the Hearts boss will be first to go this season? Surprised at Hibs drawing with United who I thought were the favourites.

Associate
Looks like Wattie`s passion is as strong as ever.

There was claims that the flame had gone out. :D

bf0x7a.gif

Poor Durranty :D

Associate
Bloody hell, Edward is the epitome of a bitter whining Yahoo isn't he? Makes it even sweeter...haha.

As for the game...we had the breaks we didn't get midweek and in the end deserved the points...particularly as we had so many players out.

Exciting game but quality wise it was pretty dire.

Soldato
And the ref admits making mistake by not awarding a penalty in the 12th minute.

Maybe I do sound like a whinger but it does not excuse the poor standard of refereeing yesterday. If the shoe had been on the other foot and the result had gone in Celtic's favour and a 7 point gap opened up, the sound of the whinging would have been deafening.

Less of the personal attacks please for it just ain't sporting.

Associate
Ref for the game has come out to say that he should've awarded a penalty to Celtic for the Maloney challenge in the 12th minute.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8290945.stm

Bit late to admit the mistake now.

too right it is:mad::o

but, hey, doesnt excuse maloneys missed sitter, mcdonald had a decent chance as well. As much as its galling to here the ref say what I'd been saying since 12:42 yesterday, what I'm more annoyed about is the rank rotten defending from Loovens and Mick.

And on that last point I'm chuffed to see that Mowbray has told his 'defenders' to buck up or buck off.

Soldato
lol @ Dignity FC. I'm glad you pointed that out Eddie as it is something your own club lack.

Why am I not surprised that the fans of Scotland's Shame do not understand sarcasm when it is so plainly in front of their noses.

I'll give you an example of why Celtic are better than Rangers in other areas. I used to work for Social Work, specifically on a project that dealt with kids who where very close to going into care. Every now and then there would be a day out and as every one of them was either a Celtic or Rangers fan I struck upon the idea of taking them to the stadiums.

Celtic invited us along with as many kids as we wanted to bring. The kids where given the grand tour and allowed a kickabout on the pitch with a few of the players before being fed to bursting point. The kids all went home happy. Celtic refused any form of payment.

Rangers sent us a price list which the project could not afford. The kids where very disappointed. Dignity FC at their charitable best. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Rangers sent us a price list which the project could not afford. The kids where very disappointed. Dignity FC at their charitable best. :rolleyes:

Actually my gran's bowling club had a new mini-bus bought for them by Rangers if you want to start going on about charitable donations by both clubs, which I don't think belongs in a football thread since they both give a lot to charity.

Anyway, Scotland in action this weekend so something to take our minds off league action. :) Oh and Dundee vs Thistle game of the day! :D

Last edited:
Associate
Why am I not surprised that the fans of Scotland's Shame do not understand sarcasm when it is so plainly in front of their noses.

I'll give you an example of why Celtic are better than Rangers in other areas. I used to work for Social Work, specifically on a project that dealt with kids who where very close to going into care. Every now and then there would be a day out and as every one of them was either a Celtic or Rangers fan I struck upon the idea of taking them to the stadiums.

Celtic invited us along with as many kids as we wanted to bring. The kids where given the grand tour and allowed a kickabout on the pitch with a few of the players before being fed to bursting point. The kids all went home happy. Celtic refused any form of payment.

Bitter Eddie strikes again.

Your not Bitter Eddie are you?. Surely not?. :D

Soldato
Actually my gran's bowling club had a new mini-bus bought for them by Rangers if you want to start going on about charitable donations by both clubs, which I don't think belongs in a football thread since they both give a lot to charity.

Anyway, Scotland in action this weekend so something to take our minds off league action. :) Oh and Dundee vs Thistle game of the day! :D

You must be a big bad rangers fan Af2k for daring to defend them ;)

Dont you mean theres a Scotland game to take out minds off football?? :)

Soldato
You must be a big bad rangers fan Af2k for daring to defend them ;)

Not a fan just don't like calls of bias etc from either side. I watch the OF games and OF in Europe since I'm from Glasgow and it's part of life in the city. :)

Dont you mean theres a Scotland game to take out minds off football?? :)

Weren't the Rangers fans all England supporters anyway? :p

Looks like Boyd's future in doubt again after he's rejected a reduced deal from Rangers.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/8292777.stm

Would be funny if he walked away for free next summer after knocking back moves in previous windows with the way he's been treated by the club.

Last edited:
Associate
Not a fan just don't like calls of bias etc from either side. I watch the OF games and OF in Europe since I'm from Glasgow and it's part of life in the city. :)

Looks like Boyd's future in doubt again after he's rejected a reduced deal from Rangers.

Would be funny if he walked away for free next summer after knocking back moves in previous windows with the way he's been treated by the club.

Read to day that Boyd is on £12k a week which, if true, seems strange. Was he not the 'Gers top scorer last 2 or 3 seasons?

Surely the biggest measure of a stikers performance is goals and in that respect he is top dog at ibrox.

Anyway, wont bother me in the slightest if he stays or goes, never scores against us:p

Soldato

Only the English ones :)

As for Boyd I couldnt blame him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom