SPL Season 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Incidently, just how good has Nacho Novo been for Rangers since he signed.

5 and a half years and he still plays every match like it is his debut.

He hasn`t scored a lot of goals but my god has he scored important ones.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01015/nacho-novo_1015679c.jpg[img]

[img]http://images.sportinglife.com/07/10/330/Nacho_Novo_587049.jpg[img]

[img]http://www.glasgowrangersreport.com/images/nacho-novo.jpg[img]

How i`d love to have named my son after him but "Nacho" is pushing it just a bit too far. ;)

[COLOR="Yellow"]No hotlinking[/COLOR]

Soldato
Good weekend for Rangers though it wasn't the greatest performance they've had especially against Hamilton, should be interesting for their cup replay on Tuesday evening.

Sounded like as usual it was Celtic's failure to take their chances that cost them the points today so the fans will be crying out for a new striker. Will be interesting to see if the Celtic board will give Mowbray the funds to bring one in or will force him to offload some more players from the wage bill first.

Soldato
Samaras will be booted out

I for one would welcome you getting rid of Samaras, in all honesty he arguably is the best stiker your club have at the moment. I don't see why a lot of Celtic fans dislike him.

Anyways, best thing about Rangers right now is we have so many players missing, probably a full team now and we can still grind out a result, as people say "that's why we're Champions" ;)

Soldato
Looking at the BBC stats it looks like the usual story of Celtic not converting their chances in front of goal. No wonder the fans are desperate for a decent striker signing in this transfer window.

Man of Honour
Motherwell 2-0 St Mirren
Hibernian 5-1 Hamilton Academicals
Rangers 1-1 Hearts

I looked at the scores to see Hearts leading Rangers with 15 minutes to go and had high hopes despite them being down to 10 men, alas it was not to be with what seems like a fair bit of extra time. Still if I'd been offered a draw at Ibrox before the game I'd probably have been quite happy with that.

Soldato
Rangers 1-1 Hearts

I looked at the scores to see Hearts leading Rangers with 15 minutes to go and had high hopes despite them being down to 10 men, alas it was not to be with what seems like a fair bit of extra time. Still if I'd been offered a draw at Ibrox before the game I'd probably have been quite happy with that.

See you say that but then I would say even 4 minutes wasn't enough in all honesty. With the amount of time wasting employed by Hearts throughout the game as well as the amount of times a Hearts player fell to a heap on the pitch for several minutes was a disgrace. It wasn't until Lee Wallace pushed it a bit too far that the ref finally ignored the plea and told him to get up.

Also are you suggesting that Rangers benefited from seemingly too much extra time when we managed to equalise in the 1st minute of it?! :confused: I mean if you feel we should have played no extra time then I dunno lol!

The squad is so depleted of all genuine quality at the moment it is a worry but at least we are still managing to muster a draw out of such games. Hopefully Mendes will be back on Wednesday night as we certainly lacked any creative spark or killer pass yesterday.

We were fortunate to secure the point as at no time did we look like scoring, happy to escape with the point today and both teams unbeaten runs continue on. Just as we were before last weekend should Celtic win today.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Also are you suggesting that Rangers benefited from seemingly too much extra time when we managed to equalise in the 1st minute of it?! :confused: I mean if you feel we should have played no extra time then I dunno lol!

Just going on the text commentary there seemed to be quite a bit of extra time, I'm not really questioning whether it was merited or not. I'm not too big to admit that if the whistle had been blown bang on 90 minutes and Hearts had won an undeserved 1-0 I would still have been chuffed with it.

Soldato
Good win for Dundee United today - back up to third and only a point behind Celtic (OK they have a game in hand, but hey).

With Celtic trailing at the moment in Perth and having to play Hibs midweek you could be looking at United in 2nd place next week by Sunday.

Soldato
Good win for Dundee United today - back up to third and only a point behind Celtic (OK they have a game in hand, but hey).

With Celtic trailing at the moment in Perth and having to play Hibs midweek you could be looking at United in 2nd place next week by Sunday.

Unfortunately that wont be the case :( lol!

St Johnstone switched off right at the start of the 2nd half and that inevitably cost them. Graeme Smith had some game today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom