SPL Season 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
OP
A fine second half today but our problem has been stringing performances together so pardon me if I don't get too excited yet... It's good to claw back a couple of points though.

In other news, I heard that James McCarthy was considering switching BACK to the Scottish national team, I cant find any other source apart from the NOTW so it could be BS.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/697041/McCARTHY-CONSIDERS-SCOTLAND-SWITCH.html

Great news if true though, we need all the talent we can get and the boy has plenty of it.

Soldato
Sending off for a second bookable offence. Since when is it okay to pull down an attacker when he is clean through on goal? I thought the penalty was an extremely soft decision but you aren't saying much about that are you?

One of the BBC Scotland commentators hit the nail on the head when he said that Celtic's problem is that we don't score ugly goals. We have no-one who'll toe poke it from 6 yards or will blast it in from a goalmouth scramble, we only seem to score well crafted goals and that was typified today. Still, McDonald will be back soon and Rasmussen comes highly recommended in that regard so there is hope yet.

Ra Ra Rasmussen, Glasgow Celtic's Goal Machine, that won't catch on will it? :)

Anyhoo, deficit down to 7 points and still a game in hand that we should win which will reduce it to 4 points. The way Rangers are playing at the moment that size of gap isn't very big at all.

Nor

Nor

Associate
He did indeed - felt the sending off was very very unfair - would not have happened at the other end of the pitch :rolleyes:

He tripped Fortune as he ran in on goal. Having already been booked he was getting sent off whether the ref gave a yellow or a red. I don't think Saints can have any complaints about losing the player.

Also, why wouldn't it have happened at the other end of the pitch? St Johnstone got a soft penalty at the other end of the pitch.

Soldato
He tripped Fortune as he ran in on goal. Having already been booked he was getting sent off whether the ref gave a yellow or a red. I don't think Saints can have any complaints about losing the player.

Also, why wouldn't it have happened at the other end of the pitch? St Johnstone got a soft penalty at the other end of the pitch.

It was an accidental and was no way a straight red card. I stand by my original comment - "Would not have happened at the other end of the park"

The penalty was not soft either.

I wish sometime we could live in a world were there were no blue or green coloured glasses.

Nor

Nor

Associate
It was an accidental and was no way a straight red card. I stand by my original comment - "Would not have happened at the other end of the park"

The penalty was not soft either.

I wish sometime we could live in a world were there were no blue or green coloured glasses.

If there's such a thing as green and blue tinted specs, then it stands to reason that there will be tangerine tinted specs also.

I think the trip was accidental as well, but he still denied Fortune a clear goalscoring opportunity, so he had to be at least yellow carded, so the sending off was right surely?

I do think the same decision would have been given up the other end of the park. Why do you think it wouldn't?

Soldato
If there's such a thing as green and blue tinted specs, then it stands to reason that there will be tangerine tinted specs also.

Yes, and any supporter who says different is a stranger to the truth, however I still believe that the 50/50's, the advantage if you will, will be given to those in green or royal blue.

I think the trip was accidental as well, but he still denied Fortune a clear goalscoring opportunity, so he had to be at least yellow carded, so the sending off was right surely?

He was given a straight red for this, which I think was a very poor decision. A yellow would have sufficed and, yes this would have also meant a red, but he would then be being punished for a combination of two fouls. A straight red was the wrong card.

I do think the same decision would have been given up the other end of the park. Why do you think it wouldn't?

Simply because I have seen it happen many times over years and the majority go the way of the green or royal blue.

A world without 3D movies?

That is red and cyan (light blue).

See here for a full explanation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaglyph_image

Man of Honour
Tonights results:
Celtic 1-2 Hibernian
Dundee Utd 3-3 St Johnston
Falkirk 0-0 Motherwell
Hearts 0-3 Aberdeen
St Mirren 0-2 Rangers

A pretty rubbish night of football as far as I'm concerned, getting tanked by Aberdeen who've got two games in hand and Hibs won too.

Soldato
Pretty disappointed with Dundee Utd tonight tbh, 3rd place looks to be slipping away.

Was at the game and to take nothing away from SJFC they played very well in the first hlaf and we played the better second half. :cool:

The worrying thing was after a "thrilling" 3 all draw the only talking point amongst both sets of fans was the ridiculously woeful performance by the referee.

Third place could be slipping seeing as Hibs have a game in hand on us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom