SPL Season 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nor

Nor

Associate
Don't think Fox was proving to be much better than Naylor. Best keeping Naylor as backup and getting another LB in. I reckon Celtic will sign another 3 players by Monday.

It's a risky strategy by Mowbray making huge changes, but I'm hopeful we're moving in the right direction. I think Celtic have left themselves too much to do in the league, so all I want to see in the next 4 months is major progress on the pitch and Mowbray proving he's the man for the job.

Man of Honour
For the love of all that is holy. He was doing a decent job and despite this season not being as good as the previous one had the club in the right half of the table and was starting to put together a decent run before the defeat(s) to Aberdeen. So long and thanks Mr Lazslo, how you put up with Romanov for so long I'll never know.

Man of Honour
Is he the longest serving hearts manager during Romanovs reign ?

Yep, by quite a way really, he managed 18 or so months and I don't think anyone else managed more than 6 months.

While I'm not sorry to see Jim Jeffries again I do have to wonder what he is doing, it smacks of heart ruling head but I hope he can at least see us through to the end of the season and at least catch up on third place even if we don't claim it.

Soldato
He's a bit of a "yes" man but can do a job with a low budget so maybe that's what Romanov is looking for? I can't see the fans being happy with the potential turmoil again so soon after the last manager though.

Associate
It's somewhat ironic that Jeffries left Killie because of boardroom interference and then decides to go to Hearts and Romanov. It's not as if he'll be ignorant of Romanov's reputation.

Man of Honour
Aberdeen 0-3 Motherwell
Hamilton 0-1 Celtic
Hibernian 2-1 St Mirren
Kilmarnock 4-4 Dundee Utd
Rangers 3-0 Falkirk
St Johnstone 1-0 Hearts

Well it's not a winning start for Jim Jeffries anyway but since he's had almost no time to sort out the squad it's not a great surprise.

Dundee Utd in another high scoring game too but they're not going to catch up Hibs if they don't start winning these games obviously.

Associate
OP
Soldato
To be honest I am not excited Jock - I am not sure Tony is the man for the job - i would love to be proved wrong. I did have my apprehensions when he was appointed as he was known for playing attractive football but not for winning. As much as I would like to see both, having to fight Hibs for 2nd spot is not a position I would like to be in.

I personally feel we had a pretty good squad before he came on board.

Soldato
Mowbray seems to be making the right moves in the transfer market for players Celtic have been needing for a while, though the selections so far are unknown to most of us so we'll need to wait and see at the end of the season before judging their quality.

Associate
OP
To be honest I am not excited Jock - I am not sure Tony is the man for the job - i would love to be proved wrong. I did have my apprehensions when he was appointed as he was known for playing attractive football but not for winning. As much as I would like to see both, having to fight Hibs for 2nd spot is not a position I would like to be in.

I personally feel we had a pretty good squad before he came on board.

I've all but written off this season but signing new players at least affords us a glimmer of hope, these new boys might be just what we need for this team to click, that's where the excitement comes from.

I disagree that we had a good squad before he came, it was after all the squad who capitulated last season. Neither do I agree that he was known for not winning, his Hibs and WBA teams we're pretty successful if memory serves.

Before the recent activity I wouldn't have backed Celtic with your money, but now....if the new players settle, we toughen up a bit, and string a wee run together...well, you just never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom