SPL Season 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nor

Nor

Associate
Any money C*ltic make will be swallowed up in wages and expenses.

Rangers reached the Uefa cup final last year and only broke even. Points bonuses are neglible and barely cover the cost of transporting and accommodating your squad to these away games.

I see difficult financial times ahead for C*ltic, i feel it in ma watter. ;)

Just a pity Bobo wasn`t still there trousering his 30k per week. :)

Apparently this is what both teams make this season:

Rangers
5million euro gate receipts
7.1million euro for being in the groups
170k euro domestic champions bonus
4million euro TV revenue
800k euro for any win
400k euro for any draw

Celtic

Dinamo Moscow gate receipts - 1.5million euro
Arsenal gate receipts - 2million euro
Parachute payment - 2.1million euro
Europa League payment - 1million
TV revenue - 750k-1million
3 Europa League ties gate receipts - 5million euro

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Any money C*ltic make will be swallowed up in wages and expenses.

Rangers reached the Uefa cup final last year and only broke even. Points bonuses are neglible and barely cover the cost of transporting and accommodating your squad to these away games.

I see difficult financial times ahead for C*ltic, i feel it in ma watter. ;)

Just a pity Bobo wasn`t still there trousering his 30k per week. :)

Could you use that financial acumen of yours to tell me why Rangers, on the back of a double-winning season and with the guaranteed CL income, haven't been able to sign a single player? Exactly how rotten is it down at Ibrox?

Nor

Nor

Associate
Good comfortable win for Rangers today. For all Boyd's critics, he knows the way to goal in the SPL. Any chance of a swap for greetin' face? :)

Regarding Rangers' finances, from what I've read (on partizan sites it has to be said) is that the club's debt is around £60m. MIH is also in major trouble, especially after the global downturn.

Soldato
60 million from a website must be true then Nor. I seen on a partizan website that Celtic plan to sign a Martian to tap into the lucritive Martian market he'll no get a game but that dont matter.

Re oddie and facts I was living in hope McRod ;) Though deep down I know the 2 will never go hand in hand.

Nor

Nor

Associate
60 million from a website must be true then Nor. I seen on a partizan website that Celtic plan to sign a Martian to tap into the lucritive Martian market he'll no get a game but that dont matter.

Re oddie and facts I was living in hope McRod ;) Though deep down I know the 2 will never go hand in hand.

Aye, it's all very much speculation Mav. I don't think that figure is far off, but we'll all have to wait and see until the official figures are released. That said, Rangers still owe the £50m SDM transferred elsewhere in MIH. That debt didn't dissapear.

None of it matters as much as results on the pitch though and Rangers have had a good start to this season. Foolish to underestimate them in the SPL.

Nor

Nor

Associate
Good win for Celtic, Samaras should have made it more comfortable. Boruc was tremendous.

I thought McGeady went down without any contact. Justice done with the sending off.

Soldato
Omg lol at McCheaty after all the ho ha over Eduardo surely McGeady should get a 2 match ban also. Killen I give benefit of the doubt to as it looked like he was trying to avoid contact but could also have been seen as a dive by the ref. Made me chuckle though. :D

re: The 50 million that got moved is no longer owned by Rangers atal. Current debt levels at Ibrox are around 25 million.

Nor

Nor

Associate
Omg lol at McCheaty after all the ho ha over Eduardo surely McGeady should get a 2 match ban also. Killen I give benefit of the doubt to as it looked like he was trying to avoid contact but could also have been seen as a dive by the ref. Made me chuckle though. :D

re: The 50 million that got moved is no longer owned by Rangers atal. Current debt levels at Ibrox are around 25 million.

Mav, the debt is ultimately Rangers'. Granted it's not currently on Rangers' books, but that's where it was accrued and that's where it will end up when push comes to shove.

Killen hurdled the challenge, God knows what Craig Burley was on. Justice was done with McGeady. Fair play to the ref for making the decision. Easy way out was just to give him a free kick. Let's hope this is the beginning of the end of diving in Scottish fitba.

Soldato
Good win for Celtic, Samaras should have made it more comfortable. Boruc was tremendous.

I thought McGeady went down without any contact. Justice done with the sending off.

I have to say Celtic were lucky Boruc was in goal today, that save from Wetherspoon was something else :eek:

Yeah your right, McGeady was rightly sent off and I have to say the defence of the player from Mowbary was laughable at the end, why he even bothered is beyond me :rolleyes:

Anyways some hilarious antics at Ibrox on Saturday to report with. McGregor dropped what would be a simple ball from a cross.....albeit a barge to the back this time.....and this guy behind me started giving him dogs abuse. Up steps "Mrs" McGregor who decides to stick up for her bf in goal and is roundly abused by the guy in the stands :D was hilarious but of course the guy got chucked out :(

We were again....ok....dont seem to have hit any kind of decent form as of yet but we are still pulling out some very good wins. We started well and faded a bit then got the goals at the right time.

Whittaker's second goal was tremendous :D

Soldato
If McGeady dived then a ban is warranted although I still think the TV pics are a little inconclusive. I think McGeady made a meal of going down but the Hibs lad falls too and it looks as though there may have been some contact. If he did dive then hang him from the rafters.

Suffice to say that the Ragers fans will crow about it but people who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

Associate
Suffice to say that the Ragers fans will crow about it but people who live in glass houses should not throw stones
christ mate you realy dont get the irony of that statement do you now "and if you know your history" ,eh eddie ?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
There will be no ban for McGeady because he has already been punished! He took a tumble, and, rightly or wrongly, the ref has sent him off. Celtic gained no advantage, quite the contrary in fact. End of story.

Soldato
Hold on he didnt take a tumble he took a dive. But whats more laughable is Mowbrays excuse. He was tired lmao good one tony well so was Eduardo then :p

Err eddie want to see a sublime dive look below sorry about quality at the start I didnt take the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE04TLs_sTE

McGeady dived he got a yellow for it yet as the ref missed eduardos dive he'll get a 2 match ban. Hopefully teh SFA wil meat out teh same ban to McGeady that they cried for for Eduardo ifnot then they are a bunch of hypocrites.

Soldato
Jim Traynor was hilarious on Saturday night in all honesty, did anyone hear him?

"No Celtic player every dives ever"

Plays voice clip from St Mirren Game about Nakamura diving to win free kick

"Celtic never benefit from such cheating"

Plays voice clip from the same game, Celtic Score.....

:p

Associate
OP
Speaking of hilarious...

distress.jpg

Sharp-eyed loyalists will notice this flag is upside down, which is not only an insult to the Crown, it's also a distress signal. Oh dear! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom