SPL Season 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Had to laugh at McGeady using the same technique Eduardo used for the penalty after all the Celtic fans slating the cheats at Arsenal/Rangers and now the denial. I just hope that McGeady is banned for at least a game as no action just encourages the diving as seen at the weekend.

You'd think the players would learn after Laffertey's antics last season.

As for the French winger Rangers are trying to get on loan, if the media think it'll appease the fans due to lack of signings they need to think again.

Soldato
"mccheaty and monobrow" do you come up with this stuff yourself or do you have a team of writers?:D

Call it like I see it and what is it with Celtic signing managers from Corrination street first we had Chesney now we have Ashley the Butcher. Close yer eyes and listen to both the Monobrow and Ashley speaking.

Associate
3 points from Easter Road, a weekend to forget? I take it you've already forgotten about our last time there?

The 3 points im well happy with, dont get me wrong.

I was talking 'bout the McGeady incident which leaves a rather bitter taste in the mouth it has to be said. He went down far too easy and rather than 100% defend him BTM could have just acknowledged that the lad had been daft and was getting his punishment and that was the end of it.

The upshot of all this is Aiden is now going to be kept under careful watch all season and no doubt that'll mean a stonewaller going astray somewhere or other;)

Associate
OP
The 3 points im well happy with, dont get me wrong.

I was talking 'bout the McGeady incident which leaves a rather bitter taste in the mouth it has to be said. He went down far too easy and rather than 100% defend him BTM could have just acknowledged that the lad had been daft and was getting his punishment and that was the end of it.

The upshot of all this is Aiden is now going to be kept under careful watch all season and no doubt that'll mean a stonewaller going astray somewhere or other;)

McGeady got what he deserved. I think BTM felt he had to defend him or he would open himself up to a ****storm like we saw with Eduardo. Interestingly, Yogi Hughes also chose not to get all frothy-mouthed over it
"People get booked for nothing, and if we keep going the way we're going, we'll be playing with slippers on.

"It's a contact sport, and you need to get stuck in. Tackling is an art.

"Even if Aiden McGeady take a dive, is it not just a case of saying 'let's get on with it'?

"Where's the common sense? It spoils the game.

"You never want to see that, especially with a talent like Aiden McGeady.

"I'm the opposition manager, I want to see him doing his stuff and see if my boys can handle him."

Anyway:

SPL TRANSFER TRACKER:
In: Aberdeen (Sorensen), Hamilton (Antoine-Curier), Kilmarnock (Brown), Motherwell (Moutaouakil), Rangers (Rothen)
Out: Celtic (Brown, O'Dea)
(* Subject to work permit)

Celtic might also be signing Zheng Zhi. Am I right on saying that Rangers new winger is pronounced "rotten"? :p

Associate
McGeady got what he deserved. I think BTM felt he had to defend him or he would open himself up to a ****storm like we saw with Eduardo. Interestingly, Yogi Hughes also chose not to get all frothy-mouthed over it
Totally agree about McGeady getting what he deserved. I would just have preffered BTM to either have kept schtum or held his hands up and said... aiden went down he's been booked and subsequently sent off and as far as im concerned thats it.. end off. Would that not have killed any ****storm?

Anyhoo its over now..thank goodness

edit 2... i see its M.Brown... thank ****

edit.. dunno what happened to ye olde quote box there

Last edited:
Associate
LMFAO, "I have a feeling" OH NOES we're doomed! Here's a new sig for you mate, very apt for these distressing times at Ibrox :D:D:D

hahahahg.jpg

Jock, i always find comedy is best left to people who are good at it. :)

I have absolutely no idea what you a wibbling on about. :)

Enlighten me? :)

Associate
Aye 52 and counting Eddie you keep following Rangers.

Celtic trailing Rangers since 1888.

Or how about the new strip.

Buy the Bumble Bee strip it failed to stop 9 in a row but then thats not quite as catchy as the advert they put out :D

You reckon he`s a closet blue nose? :D

Proof again that their entire existance is based more on their hatred for Rangers than any love for their own club. :D

Cunning marketting ploy. :cool:

Associate
Anyways this guy is a top player so I'm not too concerned

I`m not so sure mate. If he was really top drawer, he wouldn`t be in the SPL. Theres a post on FF and Rangers Media from a PSG fan who basically told it like it is with regards to Rothen.

I`m not overly excited tbh, a 31 year old who looks to have lost his way a little.

Time will tell i`m sure and he`ll need to raise his game to get in to this side as we are playing exceptionally well atm.

Never been a fan of loan signings either. Apart from Steve Davis, i don`t really think they work.

Nor

Nor

Associate
Zheng Zhi doesn't fill me with excitement I have to say. Mowbray has been after him since 2008, so maybe he sees something in him though. Underwhelmed by the last few days of the transfer window.

Nor,

Only happy to discuss these matters but unfortunately i`m not allowed to in the Sports Section. I`ll happily accompany you to the "Speakers Corner" should you wish to hear my views on #2 in particular?

Lead on Macduff!.

What are you on about? You say you can't 'discuss these matters' in this thread, and you do this by 'discussing these matters' in this thread?

Edited...

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Totally agree about McGeady getting what he deserved. I would just have preffered BTM to either have kept schtum or held his hands up and said... aiden went down he's been booked and subsequently sent off and as far as im concerned thats it.. end off. Would that not have killed any ****storm?

You're right, that would probably have been a better way to deal with it. :)

Interesting comments from Scotland's Numero Uno, Craig Gordon, regarding diving in general and Eduardo in particular...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/8233782.stm
"For a goalkeeper, it is infuriating when you don't touch someone and they have won a penalty," said Gordon.

"But if a Scotland player does it and we end up getting to the play-offs then do we still feel as badly about it?"

"He's won a penalty, and himself and his club a place in the group stages of the Champions League," added Gordon, who is preparing for Saturday's World Cup qualifying clash with Macedonia.

"That is worth £16m and he has probably got close to £100,000 in bonuses, so you can see what it means to players and why someone would do that, to win a game by any means possible.

"It's not nice but I don't see how we can stamp it out of the game.

Soldato
I think most Scot's fans would be ashamed of any player who "won" a penalty in that fashion although their wouldn't be a media outcry, just a few lines from the usual rags then that'd be it. For club football it seems to be different since fans try to defend their players or highlight cheats from other teams before accepting the player cheated.

I suppose the only alternative would be to allow review panels to add punishments for players' actions even if the referee caught them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom