** Star Wars Episode VII - SPOILERS WITHIN **

Caporegime
OP
why, if they use them at the age that they are whats the problem ?

Because it will be very difficult to do it without it simply being an 'easter egg' for the fans. I think Star Trek is one of the few films I've seen do it right (but I doubt Star Wars is going to use time travel)

I'm just struggling to imagine good story lines (and yes I'm aware of the books) I'd rather they just made a clean break and wrote some stories in one of the richest universes out there with a new set of actors.

Caporegime
OP
I think it's a good idea, I love Clone Wars (well I have a love, hate thing going. It's brilliant at times and a stupid kiddy show at others) but how much further can they go with it?

A series set inbetween two fixed events is stupid anyway, you know exactly who can and can't die and there is barely any character progression. No matter how good Anakin is he's still going to revert to a bratty **** in Episode 3.

I'd rather they did a series in a different time that allowed them much more opportunity to create great storylines and characters (I feel like I'm on a loop here but KOTOR!)

Caporegime
OP
Indeed, it would be like Marvel making an X-men film that follows on from everything that's happened in the comics....it would be crap.

Film audiences won't accept stuff that fans accept in 'wider universe' material.

Caporegime
OP
But it's all damn awesome... well I count from the Han Solo trilogy (Pre-ANH) - Legacy era (37 years post Battle Of Yavin) and practically all of them would make damn good viewing especially the X-wing Series, the Thrawn trilogy & Hand Of Thrawn Duology

A lot of it is but it has it's howlers

http://io9.com/5988376/the-12-worst-things-in-the-star-wars-expanded-universe

But what do you do, just retell the same stories they've already told? Fans would just complain at any change from the source material and it's not guaranteed that it would translate well anyway.

Caporegime
OP
Well I don't think you and your mates canon really counts, it's the creator's that count. All the films are obviously canon.

I think Episode 1, 2 and 3 have their strengths and weaknesses just as 4,5 and 6 do. Unfortunately the loudest fans were brought up with 4,5 and 6 and there is a heavy dose of nostalgia that helps mask the shortcomings.

Caporegime
OP
McGregor was excellent as Kenobi, the lightsaber sequences are very impressive. I think the locations of the universe were well realised and the differing position of the Jedi (to what Luke is initially turned into) is well represented. The general story is good (just the poor dialogue that lets it down)

Caporegime
OP
1. McGregor didn't do justice to the role his acting was blunt and cheesy.

2. As stated earlier other than CGI and Action what were the strengths lightsaber battles and environmental settings are included in this true some of it was rather impressive but...

3. the entire story seemed like it was written on the back of a napkin in a cafe the only bit of expostion you actually have that sets the scene is in the opening crawl mentioning extremely briefly the troubles of the galaxy at large then you hear **** all about any of it and go straight into oh invade planet find Anikin follow his poorly witten story add a couple of council scenes where Yoda seems to do all the talking and decision making and **** the rest of whats going on it was **** poor. there is no way in hell you can convince me there's any substance to the films at all.

Ok, I'm going to write this very clearly.

Opinion

You can't tell me what I can and can't like, you seem to have got that internet guy thing where you think your opinion is fact and everyone else is wrong :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom