Steam Summer Sale 2018

Associate
Took me months to complete for the same reason as yourself. The save system works very well. It seemed that every little bit of significant progress was saved.

In addition to this when the level loads, when you come back to it, you are read a sentence that summarises what the plot is. So if you come back to it a couple of weeks later you know what is going on.

I made a point of completing this one and although I rushed through the end, I really enjoyed it.

Cool cheers!!

Soldato
Trying to decide between Assasins Creed:Origins or the Witcher 3 GOTY edition. I have previously logged about 50hours in Witcher 3 on the PS4 but never completed it.

Soldato
Haven't completed either myself but Witcher 3 felt a better game than Assassin's Creed: Origins, unless you really like your ancient history and Egyptian setting. Runs better for me too, and wouldn't say it's a worse looking game.

Soldato
What are Activision smoking? Call of Duty, a 15 year old game is only 51% at £7.34 and Modern Warfare 2, a 9 year old game at ~£10. Considering there's a good chance they won't even work on modern PC's, their "milk every penny for as long as possible" attitude to sales is disappointing.
So did you buy both of them ?.....:p

I already have them games :)
N1Cgn8K.png

Last edited:
Soldato
It was -54% back in 2011 when I bought the call of duty warchest

Ah right, the discounts for such old games are a little bit of a joke. I might even be interested if they discounted them some more.

I've added 3 more games to my library this sale.

The Golf Club 2 @GMG £4.46 with code JUNE22.
Mount & Blade: Warband @GMG £2.93 with code JUNE22.
Spintires: Mudrunner

Still might spend another 10 or so before this ends, trying to decide on some Tabletop DLC...

Soldato
Very well written, thanks.

I'll give it a miss for now then. I was tempted to grab it for £30 off the key sites, but I want the option to refund if I don't get on with it. I'm not a huge RPG lover.

It didn't run well for you on a 1070?
It's a good RPG for non RPG lovers I think, it's not nerdy or anything like that in it's theme, the main character is a badass and the setting is very Peaky Blinders :cool: . Doesn't sacrifice gameplay/difficulty either in favour of sandbox/rpg mechanics like the Elder Scrolls does so it's got that appeal to those who don't want to look past glaring flaws for the sake of RPG depth.

It ran alright on my 1070, playable, but the heavy places like the hospital HUB were terrible. Most places with combat are not very demanding though so it doesn't ruin the game, it just makes it grating as you travel around.

Soldato
Trying to decide between Assasins Creed:Origins or the Witcher 3 GOTY edition. I have previously logged about 50hours in Witcher 3 on the PS4 but never completed it.

You're getting the base game and all expansions for The Witcher 3 at a price that's £11 less than Origins. I've not played Origins but I've watched a lot of gameplay and I'll probably get it when it's sub-£15 perhaps, but it's too much of a deviation from the previous AC games for me to want to buy it at the current price. I'd definitely go Witcher 3. I've got it on GoG but don't have the expansions and really want to get it on Steam. I was hoping it'd be less than £10 by now but it's such a first class game that there's no surprise that it's still over £10! It's worth every penny of course, but I can't justify spending £14 on the game when I've already got it!

I should just add that even though it was purchased in a sale the last time around, me and a friend finally got around to playing Astroneer together. What an amazing little game that is! If anyone enjoys survival and space, it's worth a look!

Soldato
I'm currently playing Origins having finished the main storyline with 70hrs played. There is still a TON to do not including the 2x dlcs I have.

Origins easily shows that it is inspired by Witcher. Whilst it is a quality game in its own right, its quests not to mention main plot line is very weak. The world they have created is absolutely stunning yet the same can be said for Witcher and the landscapes that the David Beckham DLC introduces.

Origins is barely an AC game anymore like the previous games, yet it is the strongest game in the series since Black Flag. Witcher 3 would be a better bet if you want strong storylines and great characters, not to mention a lot of gameplay.

Back
Top Bottom