Steam Summer Sale 2018

Soldato
Any recommendations for some good co-op/team games in the sale? I play with a friend from America, we've done Portal, Division, Ark, Gears of War, Total War, Age of Empires and play the odd bit of Rocket League so really any team or co-op based games, even MMO style would be welcome. Cheers.

Soldato
OP
Just a few thus far. a lot of gaming for the outlay.

CRYPTARK. Looks great and one of the reviews said it reminded them of Cybernator on the SNES = sold!
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. Loved 2, been after this for a while and picked it up with the below to complete a bundle for a fiver. Bargain.
Tales from the Borderlands. Looks promising. The Telltale stuff I have played has been decent.
The Fidelio Incident. Intriguing walking simulator which comes with the soundtrack. Big discount also on this one.
Monolith. Been after this one for a while. Kind of a Binding of Isaac shooter (by the looks!).
Celeste. This one I really should have bought on release. I have played a little and it's great. Nintendo assisted development of the game in it's final year ;).
Pulp Fiction. Yes a movie on Steam (omg). Well worth a couple of quid :).

All that lot cost a total of

£27.05

Soldato
Dishonored is a steal at £1.99...absolutely fantastic game.

Yeah, fantastic game. The Knife of Dunwall and The Brigmore Witches were great also for DLC, just as good as the main game and also on offer.

Any recommendations for some good co-op/team games in the sale? I play with a friend from America, we've done Portal, Division, Ark, Gears of War, Total War, Age of Empires and play the odd bit of Rocket League so really any team or co-op based games, even MMO style would be welcome. Cheers.

Not sure what you'd be in to for co-op games but these are excellent:

Don't Starve Together
Divinity: Original Sin 1/2
Dying Light
Civilization 5/6
Trine 2 (1 was unfortunately just local co-op I believe)
Borderlands 1/2
Torchlight 2
Magicka

Associate
Should I just get the base game for £1.99 or is it worth getting the Definitive Edition for £7.49?
Personally I think that the base game was amazing, and the DLC's although good were a much more compact experience which I enjoyed a little less. However, I've seen that plot wise they tie in with the second game and also provide the bigger picture for the plot of the main game as they provide an alternative view point. To be honest I don't really think that you can go wrong with either choice, and the DLC's are a bonus and not a necessity in terms of the story. It might also annoy you not to have access to all the achievements if that interests you. I got 90 hours out of the definitive version and would have had half that if I'd just had the main game.

Associate
Not bought anything for myself yet, but some friends are buying VR headsets this week week after I finally convinced them to come round to play on my Rift, I gifted them each a copy of Pavlov, £4 for what is becoming one of my favourite FPS..ever

Associate
Picked up the forest, only played about an hour but seems great, first night saw a couple of enemy standing by a tree and we just stood there for about two minutes just staring at each other :)

Man of Honour
Oooh. Starship Titanic is 75% off. I didn't even know this was on Steam. Amazing game. Instant buy!

I remember having a gamespot magazine with that reviewed many years ago - it shared a copy with one of my favourite games. It was either Starfleet Command, Jedi Knight 2 or Wing Commander. I forget which. The memories!

Soldato
Bought Downward and really should have got a refund, not a clue where to go though there is a way point to aim for. Lovely looking game just let down by repetitive gameplay.
Apart from that nothing as there is rarely anything I want even to try these days.

Soldato
Picked up the forest, only played about an hour but seems great, first night saw a couple of enemy standing by a tree and we just stood there for about two minutes just staring at each other :)
Be afraid. They mostly come out at night... Mostly.
I haven't touched the game since its early beta stages but I had a lot of memorable moments with the locals!

Associate
How long did you spent playing it for? I'm only doing three waves a day to get the cards as I didn't think it'd be ever possible to win.
I'm running one of the scripts to autoplay in the background on my phone. It seems similar to the other clicker event from a few years back where you can only get decent progress if you 'cheat' it. Valve actively encouraged it last time and seemed to have built this game with it in mind as the rounds are time gated server side. I figure my phone is on all the time anyway and running the script hasn't eaten through my battery.

Back
Top Bottom