********** The all new "Official" iPhone 4S thread - Keep all the iPhone 4S stuff in here **********

Soldato
Do you think if I was to fit an aftermarket uprated battery Apple would know? There is a contact near the battery connector that touches the back cover, I wonder if this will let the phone detect that it's been opened, or am I just paranoid?

Seriously considering either an uprated battery or a case with a battery built in.

Soldato
Jesus, how bloomin' long does it take a number to port. Gave Voda my PAC code on Friday and was told it would port by today but still no sign. Have been rebooting both old and new phones regularly to check and have tried leaving both off for a couple of hours but no joy yet.

When I've ported in the past, I've just left both phones and, at some point, the old one has lost service, then I just reboot the new one and voila. Should this still be the case?

Soldato
I'm such a bad person, nipped into town to get some fish and chips and ended up coming back with a 16GB iPhone 4S from 02 :eek:

They had loads in stock - northallerton

Soldato
Battery life isnt great.
100% charge this morning when i left for work around 6.00am. Been using it for some emails and some texts and now that battery is at 66%. Seeing as i send loads of texts on an evening i bet it will go flat by 10.00pm....

Associate
tbh for only a 3rd charge i wouldnt really be worrying unless you were a few weeks into owning it and was depleting so quickly, as Rilot says the ip4 took a few weeks to get to full capacity and i reckon its the same deal with the 4S, plus factor in the 'new gadget play mode' and once you get to speed with all the new features and start to use the phone as you intend too will you see real world battery life

Soldato
Mine came with about 90% charge, it's charged itself up to 100% now after being plugged in while I set it up etc.

Whats the best way to maximise the battery? Just keep letting it run down to around 5% and then plug it in for a full 100% charge each time?

Man of Honour
Actually, there is no confirmed best way to optimise modern batteries, however, I would go along with what Apple say -

http://www.apple.com/batteries/iphone.html

Use iPhone Regularly

For proper maintenance of a lithium-based battery, it’s important to keep the electrons in it moving occasionally. Be sure to go through at least one charge cycle per month (charging the battery to 100% and then completely running it down).

Back
Top Bottom