• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Caporegime
My point still stands, if they are starting to "cool phones with liquid" (i'll put it that way)
Then it shouldn't be a stretch that the consoles will be "cooled with liquid" either in a custom closed loop or some other fancy way, was the point to get back on track.

No the point doesn't stand.
Vapour Chamber stuff has existed for a long long time.

I'm sure even in conventional heat sinks there's fluid.

Consoles already have the vapour chamber stuff now.

Soldato
It's still liquid cooling though isn't it.... liquid turns to vapour turns to liquid, you semantic ****s
And in these phones that you are ignoring its not the same as a ATI 3870, I give up, this forum is more toxic everyday.
The consoles might be liquid cooled, it's not a drunk/idiot idea as you guys rudely jumped in with when it was suggested by someone else.

Talk navi now...

Caporegime
It's still liquid cooling though isn't it.... liquid turns to vapour turns to liquid, you semantic ****s

It's not semantics.
It's akin to referring to a stock reference Vega 64 as watercooled. It's not the case.

You've taken something and tried to make it into something else.

EDIT : You can't refer to the forum as toxic because you've came out with a claim that's incorrect.
I don't think I was rude in my reply. I simply said there's no chance consoles will get an AIO.

Soldato
It's not semantics.
It's akin to referring to a stock reference Vega 64 as watercooled. It's not the case.

You've taken something and tried to make it into something else.
No i tried to defend someones idea that they could watercool the consoles, 3 seperate people jumped in saying it was madness and they were stupid. I tried to say it wasn't so crazy and this happens.

Soldato
I don't think they would water cool the consoles, unless there was an easy open and check/fill thing but the normies would never open the console, power on and disc eject is all they do, wouldn't work

Soldato
I think it is fair to assume that the new consoles will be in the 150w-180w power draw range. Minus 40W-45W for the CPU it will be interesting to see what they can eek out of the remaining 140W.

I think we are looking at FE GTX1080(non-ti) speed for the AMD GPU, which is not shabby at all.

It will be interesting to see how the boost clocks play out in the real world as will the cooling system.

Soldato
No i tried to defend someones idea that they could watercool the consoles, 3 seperate people jumped in saying it was madness and they were stupid. I tried to say it wasn't so crazy and this happens.

Trying to claim a vapour chamber is watercooling holds the same value to tech people here as turning your console on and dropping it into a bathtub of water and claiming it’s watercooling. We see through the marketing gimmicks

And the idea that it’s new is also false

If I take you at your word

Consoles are already watercooled long before your phones even used it

Caporegime
I think it is fair to assume that the new consoles will be in the 150w-180w power draw range. Minus 40W-45W for the CPU it will be interesting to see what they can eek out of the remaining 140W.

I think we are looking at FE GTX1080(non-ti) speed for the AMD GPU, which is not shabby at all.

It will be interesting to see how the boost clocks play out in the real world as will the cooling system.

I'm real interested in the next generation consoles.
But there was a crap ton of hyperbole with the original announcement. 8K, 4K 120HZ. None of which will be close to reality that games will target.

Based on the strength of the Xbox One X GPU I'm optimistic of upwards to 1080 performance from them GPU wise.

Caporegime
Sorry I opened my mouth now with the crazy out of the world idea lol
How dare Sony and Microsoft use water.

It's not an of this works suggestion but it's not really realistic.

Microsoft would have probably used it in the announcement too if it was happening, or we'd have had leaks etc.

So it's simply not happening with the next generation consoles.

If the consoles come out and they're sporting AIO's I'm happy for you to requote me with "Owned'

Soldato

Microsoft would have probably used it in the announcement too if it was happening, or we'd have had leaks etc.

So it's simply not happening with the next generation consoles.

If the consoles come out and they're sporting AIO's I'm happy for you to requote me with "Owned'

Pretty sure you dont want leaks with water . :p

Soldato

Yeah, too much cost and moving parts for an AIO. If there is one thing that manufacturers hate is moving parts.

The good old Dreamcast (early gen.) had liquid inside its tiny cooling pipes though. Counts as a phase change :D

Back
Top Bottom