• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Had a couple of hours play last night.

I tried the Dice work around for the colour, blur bug.

Dice have said the following should sort it until they release a fix for it themselves.

1. Open Notepad.

2. Paste the following:
WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurFixedShutterTime 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurForceOn 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMax 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMaxSampleCount 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurQuality 0

3. File > Save As >
Choose > Save as type: All files
Choose > File name: user.cfg
Navigate to the "Origin Games\Battlefield 4" folder and click save.

It worked for the most part but came back when I was in a APC playing conquest of the Flood map!
Game never crashed once and seemed smooth.

Fair enough. Just wasn't sure if people were basing their hate on changes to the gameplay / particular maps. I'm quite fond of all of the new maps TBH.

I've played just over 5 hours, and at a guestimate about 2 to 3 crashes? I guess that's not great but I've still enjoyed the game for the most part.

I havent had a chance to try the patch yet but has the mid game crashing stopped? Not too fussed if i get chucked back to battlelog when a round has finished now and then but crashes mid game are a real killer for the enjoyment factor of a game like this ( though to be fair i hadnt had an in game crash for a few days before the patch)

I havent had a chance to try the patch yet but has the mid game crashing stopped? Not too fussed if i get chucked back to battlelog when a round has finished now and then but crashes mid game are a real killer for the enjoyment factor of a game like this ( though to be fair i hadnt had an in game crash for a few days before the patch)

Played for an hour while streaming last night (i.e. maximum possible reasons to crash :p) and it was fine.

The random blur popping up is irritating as hell and I refuse to change the config to fix it. Still trying to find an AR I really like. The AEK is nothing like last year... it's more like the FAMAS! Fires really quickly and inaccurately.

SCAR is my favourite so far. Slow, high damage... good for people like me who can aim :p.

Hi guys,

Could you advise what you think FPS should be like on SLi Titans?

As a supplement to my question, is anyone capable of hypothesising what
Temps
Fan Speed

Should be on Sli Titans for FPS of about 120>

This information would help me a lot if ive configured stuff correctly.

Playing at 1080P 1920*1080

------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
Notes about BF4 64 Bit Win7 -- 64 Player Servers

My Sli titans at 80% Fans in EvgaX keep my temps at 80C. Any lower fans and temps start to rise.
Max FPS 120
Min FPS 70

I had that blur problem happen to me. Not sure if it was the level. But i switched server and then i was fine.
Ive noted that if you Alt Tab whilst changing maps, the game just gets stuck.
Ive noticed that it is not a good idea that when you are in a queue, to click on a new server. It is best to first click X, so you exit the queue, then select a new server.
A couple of servers were having sound lag problems.
One of my servers added in favourites just kept crashing at each map change
The favourites list would disappear and re-appear at will.
Finally, for some reason at the very left of my monitor screen, there is one of those blur lines that has been there since the beginning but it doesnt seem like a problem with the monitor because my movies come out fine.

Last edited:
Just had a few rounds making sure my OC was stable, it is which is great.

Card now running at 1150/1450 until it's underwater, i've asked Santa for a water loop so we'll see what happens.

Fps have increased nicely.

Siege of Shanghai
2013-11-15 13:43:22 - bf4
Frames: 178424 - Time: 1365703ms - Avg: 116.069 - Min: 73 - Max: 202

Dawnbreaker
2013-11-15 14:05:03 - bf4
Frames: 198813 - Time: 1619469ms - Avg: 122.764 - Min: 81 - Max: 201

Thought as much. Because there is no way your 290X could max out the same as my three cards :D lol.

That's a cracking average though, don't see many single cards averaging over 100fps!

For comparison (albeit at 1440P 3x SLI):

h5sh.png

Last edited:
Thought as much. Because there is no way your 290X could max out the same as my three cards :D lol.

That's a cracking average though, don't see many single cards averaging over 100fps!

haha, we'll see what 2 can do after xmas;)

I'm chuffed to bits with it pal, yes it runs hotter than most, yes the fan can get noisy over a certain point, but with this sort of performance, i'll happily live with it, for now at least.

Edit-
I've not tried Paracel Storm yet with this overclock, last i remember it was around 96fps average, it's a beast of a map though especially when the storm hits.

I'm having the colour phase bug, thought at first it was a new effect added in (perhaps linked to the ticket countdown) but whilst playing Paracel it seems to occur randomly and frequently.

Other than that, the patch seems to have improved min fps slightly, seems less jittery. No crashes so far but I did receive one server close in approx six hours play.

haha, we'll see what 2 can do after xmas;)

I'm chuffed to bits with it pal, yes it runs hotter than most, yes the fan can get noisy over a certain point, but with this sort of performance, i'll happily live with it, for now at least.

Edit-
I've not tried Paracel Storm yet with this overclock, last i remember it was around 96fps average, it's a beast of a map though especially when the storm hits.

Yeah I did think that TBH after I'd posted but still, great results. This is post patch too so I need to do a few rounds with the fixes :)

Back
Top Bottom