• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Do you have vsync on? A pair of titans should be hitting 140+ avg at 1080

I just cant configure my new PC aaargghhh!

Ok so my VSync is off....Is it better to have it on? What will it do - So confused and so miffed i cant set it up proper right.

Please help me get the correct FPS :(

EDIT - Ive found out what VSync is via Googlings. But yeah it is off.

Last edited:
Vsync caps the frame rate at the monitors refresh rate to prevent screen tear, so guessing you have a 120hz monitor? Most would recommend to have it disabled for fps games, as the old theory gos, the quicker you see someone on screen the quicker you can shoot them, I don't know how well this applies to bf4 but it is/was a big deal on the quake engines :)

Thanks. I just googed it aswell. My monitor is 60Hz i think not 120Hz. Not yet anyway :)
Still concerned about lack of frame rate on SLI Titans :(

Vsync caps the frame rate at the monitors refresh rate to prevent screen tear, so guessing you have a 120hz monitor? Most would recommend to have it disabled for fps games, as the old theory gos, the quicker you see someone on screen the quicker you can shoot them, I don't know how well this applies to bf4 but it is/was a big deal on the quake engines :)

Just had a few rounds making sure my OC was stable, it is which is great.

Card now running at 1150/1450 until it's underwater, i've asked Santa for a water loop so we'll see what happens.

Fps have increased nicely.

Siege of Shanghai
2013-11-15 13:43:22 - bf4
Frames: 178424 - Time: 1365703ms - Avg: 116.069 - Min: 73 - Max: 202

Dawnbreaker
2013-11-15 14:05:03 - bf4
Frames: 198813 - Time: 1619469ms - Avg: 122.764 - Min: 81 - Max: 201

116 average in Siege is pretty hard to believe when 3 titans are only getting 123 average (albeit at 1440p granted) on Paracel Storm which is a less demanding map!

116 average in Siege is pretty hard to believe when 3 titans are only getting 123 average (albeit at 1440p granted) on Paracel Storm which is a less demanding map!

Hard to believe or not that's what i got:confused: I've always found Paracel storm to be more demanding than SOS.

1080p
Full ultra, 4x Msaa, 90Fov, motion blur off.

Just had a few rounds making sure my OC was stable, it is which is great.

Card now running at 1150/1450 until it's underwater, i've asked Santa for a water loop so we'll see what happens.

Fps have increased nicely.

Siege of Shanghai
2013-11-15 13:43:22 - bf4
Frames: 178424 - Time: 1365703ms - Avg: 116.069 - Min: 73 - Max: 202

Dawnbreaker
2013-11-15 14:05:03 - bf4
Frames: 198813 - Time: 1619469ms - Avg: 122.764 - Min: 81 - Max: 201

Great fps mate. Would be interested to see your gpu at 1440p Ultra preset.

Hard to believe or not that's what i got:confused: I've always found Paracel storm to be more demanding than SOS.

1080p

290X overclocked is massive overkill for 1080P. Plus AMD have BF4 optimized nicely. Enjoy the fps.

1080p

Weird, I find Paracel Storm much better than Siege of Shanghai :p. Not saying you are lying, just seems a lot compared to what others have posted.

Just played a full ~40 minute game on Golmud Railway. A map that crashed within a few minutes the last (and only) two times I tried it before the patch.

Everything seems smoother and the hit reg seems better. Gpu usage seemed higher as well so seems to be good all round. Sound bug where the sound drops out now and then is annoying though.

Forgetting the bugs, it is an awesome game.

Last edited:
Great fps mate. Would be interested to see your gpu at 1440p Ultra preset.

290X overclocked is massive overkill for 1080P. Plus AMD have BF4 optimized nicely. Enjoy the fps.

Cheers Matt,
It's defintely overkill for 1080p, hopefully i'll be moving back to 1440P soon enough.

Weird, I find Paracel Storm much better than Siege of Shanghai :p. Not saying you are lying, just seems a lot compared to what others have posted.

No problem pal, it is a lot and it's surprised me too, even to the point of checking my settings incase something was wrong, happily everything is on and at max.

On paracel storm my Ffps start around 100-110 fps, with dips to 70-80fps, but as the storm rolls in that drops to around 90-100 average and dips remain the same.

Another round on SOS.

Spend more time down on the ground and Charlie went down early.

2013-11-15 19:11:46 - bf4
Frames: 160775 - Time: 1520797ms - Avg: 108.718 - Min: 64 - Max: 201

Last edited:
What has surprised me is just how weak the new generation of consoles must be already.

According to reports, the PS4 version is only 900p and the Xbox One version is only 720p. Also, i have read that they wont be running the equivalent of ultra settings on the PC either. This was done so they could get 60fps.

Now, even my two 670's, which are cheap last generation cards can average 100fps in this at 1080p, full ultra so it seems that the consoles are already very underpowered and i would say more so than with previous console releases!

Its comical how many servers are currently empty, I genuinely hope someone got fired over this.

problem is they did a really boring gameplay the last few releases.
its not the battlefield I grow up with.

example: time to kill is to fast cant change weapons due to your dead before even switching to pistol whats that about?
example 2:
cant duck when someone aims at you it means you cant move out of fire when snipers aim, BC2 for example and BF3 and now BF4. It means you get boring gameplay due to you cant move out of fire so they need to re-aim.

dice lost their identity as a developer.
I am so tired of them and they should all be fired, and work at some other place like arctic designing snowballs.

im sure they will still say its a massive success
they only care how many copies they sell
they surely dont care if people are still playing it 5years later

its good fun in the tanks and stuff, feels a very casual game to me tho, not a real fps :p
but still fun in short bursts!

Just went to get some new fraps benchmarks for different maps ... but they broke it! WTF are they doing ....

After the recent updates, it hitches frequently like a .5 second freeze frame so much so that I can't play it like that! Previous average was 120+fps and smooth ... I also had a few DirectX errors today (Don't recall any before!) and failing to actually get into a couple of games was new to me.

Back
Top Bottom