• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

I have a hard time seeing any difference. It kills me knowing i might not be running the highest settings when ive got fps to spare though. Any other areas i can check to make sure im not missing out on vital shrubbery?

All your screen shots look identical same thing is happening to me.

I think I might be onto something. I just restarted bf4 with foliage on low and no matter what settings and how many times i deployed I didn't get a large increase in foliage. So set it to ultra redeployed still nothing. exited the game and restarted. foliage was still low on ultra settings but then switching to low again gave the max foliage. I think you need the game set to ultra foliage on start up to then be able to switch to low and get the true max
yup got it figured out
ultra on start up, left at ultra
lxy7N10.jpg

ultra on start up, changed to low then redeployed result OAq8QLP.jpg

low on start up, chaged to ultra then redeployed result
orNcHm1.jpg
gained 30 fps as well :D

Last edited:
Yup Sneakysnail is bang on

I started it up on the test range ( it was already set to medium from my previous playtime). Abundant shrubbery and grass was not there and I could NOT get it back no matter the settings.

I set it to ultra BEFORE quitting. Started it up again. Not much foliage so switched to medium , redeployed and BOOM. foliage everywhere:

Screens:

MEDIUM:

ULTRA:

It hits framerates more than I thought as well but 150fps is pretty stupid high anyway :p

Also, I have shrubs instead of palm leaf type things :confused:

What the hell are DICE playing at?

Last edited:
I got it working! Ok you need to change it then click re-deploy. Someone said this earlier but i didnt see it. Now it deffo works and i can see the difference in grass and a small fps hit.

S7QUrRa.jpg

8uB6hAB.jpg

SPQYC0e.jpg

aP5Rsex.jpg

Petey was right, medium gives the most shrubbery.

people seemed to think the big leafs were only on windows 8. I'm on 7 so cant test. going to go through ever setting at start up now though and see if i can get big leafs

I'm sure I had all the big leafs before latest update and I'm on windows 7 maybe someone else could confirm?

I will try what you done as it still looks 10x better than what I got right now

So basically you have to switch it back to ultra before exiting. Then when you open the game again, you have to switch it back to medium to get the best terrain decoration settings.

What a faf!

Back
Top Bottom