• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Whats this?

They're doing a live stream tomorrow at 12pm PST
DICE will be partnering up with AMD who will be presenting a live-stream event of Battlefield 4 Second Assault.

You will be able to tune and watch three livestream matches on the new maps, which will be available on Xbox One from November 22nd. DICE LA, who are creating the DLC will be showing off the new (more like returning) Capture the Flag gamemode as well as three of the four new maps.

They're doing a live stream tomorrow at 12pm PST
DICE will be partnering up with AMD who will be presenting a live-stream event of Battlefield 4 Second Assault.

You will be able to tune and watch three livestream matches on the new maps, which will be available on Xbox One from November 22nd. DICE LA, who are creating the DLC will be showing off the new (more like returning) Capture the Flag gamemode as well as three of the four new maps.

Cool do you have a link for the live stream plz?

Ran a quick bench with a mild oc on the gpu's, +80/+500. Cpu at stock. Rouge transmission, 64 players. Ultra, x4 msaa, terrain decor on medium, (god only knows if its ultra or not). 331.65 driver, ill try the latest version after.

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
75031, 600000, 49, 193, 125.052
Average is pretty good, minimums a bit low, though probably not helped by my stock cpu.

New drivers, same map as before.

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
45861, 600000, 54, 105, 76.435

Last edited:
Ok how about this methodology, its very early in the game so no need to spend an hour getting to that point, a lot of stuff going on so it stresses the system properly, its basically a walk through, so little variation.

3 Different tests so most can take part.

Ultra Preset @ 1440P
Ultra Preset @ 1080P
Hight Preset @ 1080P

not exactly how i have the illustration vid, but..

Start the bench when the lift starts to move. look out at the gun ship all the time, run as fast as can. end bench right when screen goes dark on falling.

PS: no sound, don't adjust the dial :)

Ok how about this methodology, its very early in the game so no need to spend an hour getting to that point, a lot of stuff going on so it stresses the system properly, its basically a walk through, so little variation.

3 Different tests so most can take part.

Ultra Preset @ 1440P
Ultra Preset @ 1080P
Hight Preset @ 1080P

not exactly how i have the illustration vid, but..

Start the bench when the lift starts to move. look out at the gun ship all the time, run as fast as can. end bench right when screen goes dark on falling.

PS: no sound, don't adjust the dial :)

Do we have to post a video of it? Or can i do this whilst looking up at the sky as much as possible to get better results? ;)

Does the in-game benchmark/performance test work yet?

you should be benching in 64 man mp really and in action not sitting back or looking at floor or sky :p

also if you want to ask any questions on the engine ask repi or Vincent V. Vukovic .

Do we have to post a video of it? Or can i do this whilst looking up at the sky as much as possible to get better results? ;)

Does the in-game benchmark/performance test work yet?

No, thats just an illustration of what to do, sort of... just follow what i said and post the results. :)

there is no "in-game benchmark/performance test" just a test run which give you a useless bar readout, its crap.

I will post my own results later.

That "system Performance test" box bottom right doesn't work for me? When I click on it all the options are greyed out. :confused:

Ignore that, nothing to do with that, use FRAPS to monitor your performance while you play the game as you see in the vid. well as i explened in my post.

I will write detailed instructions on FRAPS ecte.... later, not enough time right now :)

We don't even have Ultra as Ultra yet apparently, so pretty pointless tests in truth. Wait till fixed and then something like this would be ok but need someone to update the results regular.

We don't even have Ultra as Ultra yet apparently, so pretty pointless tests in truth. Wait till fixed and then something like this would be ok but need someone to update the results regular.

I would do it if the mods let me make a proper BF4 benchmark thread. :)

Nothing wrong with starting now, its still a good indicator and as far as i can tell its running in ultra on that part of the game. + DICE may never fix it on Campaign, thats if it was even broke to start with.

Back
Top Bottom