• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Yer but going from your Valley bench, I don't feel you would be the best person. I felt like a few accusations were thrown at a couple of Nvidia users (me included), albeit without the direct accusation but repeated questions about clocks and people answering on more than one occasion why, you still repeated the same questions.

I still feel we should wait till ultra is actually Ultra and then we would need to plead with the mods to allow the thread

I agree with both of you. Campaign seems like it is actually ultra but the MP needs to be fixed before we bench that as its just a waste of time and effort while its broken.

And i think we need to plead with Dice to put a bench test in BF4.. then the bench thread here will be automatically accepted :)

Getting Dice to put a bench test in-game is a long shot though.

Edit.. Linus and Slick have a decent bench they use and it looks pretty intense.

Go to 1.07 in this video.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-ZU3ty63rg

Last edited:
Even the multiplayer benches we have done will be filled with inaccuracy. No doubt we all have different playing styles and I bet some of the benches we have had are people just sniping or not moving much, or staying in one spot that happens to bring either good or bad framerates whilst others are in the thick of the action capturing points all the time e.t.c.

I am not saying anyone is deliberately trying to get more frames, I just bet naturally everyone has very different play styles.

Unless they release a benchmark we are never going to get any concrete results!

An ingame bench test would be ideal for this game. Concerning mp, ive posted a few results earlier and the results are quite different each time. The most recent ones a few posts back. The first result has way better average and max, ran on a 64 player server that was full. The second set of results, same map but a few less players on are lower on max/average yet higher minimums. In mp theres so many variables that effect results.

Yer but going from your Valley bench, I don't feel you would be the best person. I felt like a few accusations were thrown at a couple of Nvidia users (me included), albeit without the direct accusation but repeated questions about clocks and people answering on more than one occasion why, you still repeated the same questions.

What? again with this crap :confused:

I'm just trying to have a normal conversation with you Greg
Is it at all possible for you to have a normal conversation with the person having a normal conversation with you?

I don't understand why you keep having to try and stir it up, whats wrong with you? no need for this random passive hostility.
This thread was going well until you did that, again.

Last edited:
How many of these results are actually minimum of 60 or over when playing a full 64 man multiplayer server on full ultra for a whole round? I can't keep 60 all the time in a full multiplayer map, a few drops into the 50's on something like Paracel Storm is expected whereas Shanghai can drop into the mid 40's quite often when looking over the entire map. Don't get me wrong I hit highs in the 150's and avg about 80 but there are certain times (and limitations of the game) that mean it will drop below the odd once or twice.

Get a few drops myself below 60 fps. I could probably lessen them by dropping a few settings, using x2 msaa instead of 4x. Also im not helping things by currently running my cpu at stock. Bottlenecks both cards a bit.

I agree, testing should be suspended until we know the settings we're applying are the settings being used. Otherwise it makes the whole point of perf testing a pointless lottery.

I enjoyed this comment on the official forums:

"Sorry guys. You just managed to find the hidden "mantle" patch. You were not supposed to see this, and it was going to be an exclusive AMD feature to fool the sheep into thinking it's anything special.

Dice is hiding in a corner right now. "

Probably quite a lot of truth in it :p

Ok how about this methodology, its very early in the game so no need to spend an hour getting to that point, a lot of stuff going on so it stresses the system properly, its basically a walk through, so little variation.

3 Different tests so most can take part.

Ultra Preset @ 1440P
Ultra Preset @ 1080P
Hight Preset @ 1080P

not exactly how i have the illustration vid, but..

Start the bench when the lift starts to move. look out at the gun ship all the time, run as fast as can. end bench right when screen goes dark on falling.

PS: no sound, don't adjust the dial :)

Well i ran the test.

i7 930 @ 3.8Ghz | 7870XT @ 1200 / 1563

1920 x 1080P

Ultra preset:
Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
4808, 98625, 20, 68, 48.750

High preset:
Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
8164, 100000, 46, 108, 81.640

Thats like 70% difference between High and Ultra

Last edited:
Pretty good result on high preset humbug. Btw, whats your cpu use like in bf4? Got a 930 based second system here with a gtx 650ti boost which ill be getting another copy of the game for. The gpu isnt too far off 7870 performance. Will also help that the res is only 1680x1050.

Pretty good result on high preset humbug. Btw, whats your cpu use like in bf4? Got a 930 based second system here with a gtx 650ti boost which ill be getting another copy of the game for. The gpu isnt too far off 7870 performance. Will also help that the res is only 1680x1050.

Thanks.

Performance of the old Bloomfield is very good in BF4, provided you run it at 3.4Ghz or more there is never any bottlenecking, at least not on the 7870XT at that speed, it will be fine on a GTX 650TI Boosted.

I enjoyed this comment on the official forums:

"Sorry guys. You just managed to find the hidden "mantle" patch. You were not supposed to see this, and it was going to be an exclusive AMD feature to fool the sheep into thinking it's anything special.

Dice is hiding in a corner right now. "

Probably quite a lot of truth in it :p

lol, do have to wonder!

Just got my new ssd and installed bf4 but it seems to ctd and lockup/bsod my pc an awfull lot. Nothing else does it and its fully ibt stable etc. Anyone else getting this?

Back
Top Bottom