• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Not sure what is going on with my BF but my temps and GPU usage have plummeted...Performance is completely unaffected.

F'ing idiot, had adaptive v-sync enabled, left it disabled after bench runs. I'm getting old.

Last edited:
Furry muff. Sounds like a software issue more than anything. Are you using the latest version of afterburner? You could always try RadeonPro. That offers an overlay and has vram usage on it.

Had been using an older version but tried newest beta today and the same. Oddly Radeon Pro overlay has been hit and miss for me I tried the settings you suggested in the other thread but that didn't work, then found you had to set a key but that didnt seem to do anything so had a fiddle and it suddenly worked, great on the test range it went to about 3200MB I think within a few minutes then I played just now and the overlay simply did not come up again so not sure whats going on there.

Its just a bit worrying that my second card isn't reporting the memory correctly (not to mention the newest one is one of those 2048 cut down 7970 models) and the fact that I get extremely bad drops down to the mid 40's on Shanghai 64 player and quite a few with less graphics power are getting min 60 at ultra or its being done before the collapse but I still hit below 60 for a few mins overall? Either looking at a wall or something is wrong. CPU is currently at 4.2GHz so really shouldn't be a problem, and my brief spell with the working OSD showed 97/94%ish GPU usage. Afterburner shows a couple of cores hit 100% but the rest at 80 roughly.

I thought I would do a run at 1440P with everything maxed... Gulp :(

Flood Zone
Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
18467, 543757, 14, 82, 33.962

Dawnbreaker
6483, 154036, 24, 71, 42.088

Not playable at all in truth.

Has anyone messed with the resolution scale setting? I tried it at 125%, (normally run at 100%). Couldnt notice a big lot of difference visually, as for performance. The server was so laggy it would have been hard to tell if it was effected at all

I thought I would do a run at 1440P with everything maxed... Gulp :(

Flood Zone
18467, 543757, 14, 82, 33.962

Dawnbreaker
6483, 154036, 24, 71, 42.088

Not playable at all in truth.

Thought you always ran at max settings fella?

My connection keeps dropping it's annoying as fck.

I currently have a powercolor 7970 reference card. After seriously considering the Sapphire R9 290 deal today and then missing out I have decided to upgrade to a 7990. I have the following components:

2500K @ 4.7Ghz
8GB 1600mhz RAM
ASUS P8Z68-V
1000W Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold
HAF X Case

1080P 120Hz ASUS Montor

I was wondering if the 2500K @4.7ghz would bottleneck the 7990 in Battlefield 4 multiplayer, in particular 64 player maps.

I currently get near full GPU usage on small-medium sized maps with 32 players. However, on 64 players, especially on siege of shangai my gpu usage drops to 70-80 whilst my CPU usage is at around 60-70% on the 4 cores. I don't have such problems in Battlefield 3, perhaps future performance fixes in the future may fix this. I have done the following to maximise performance:

-Disabled core parking
-Installed the latest drivers
-Installed directxsetup in the battlefield 4 directory
-Custom settings (File Name: PROFSAVE_profile) file placed in the document/battlefield4/settings directory. File taken from youtube video

Would prefer 7990 over 7970 crossfire as the warranty on the card will be renewed, newer card, possible higher overclock room, better cooler and one 7990 looks better than ref 7970 and non ref 7970 in crossfire.

Anyone shed some light on me?

Not sure what is going on with my BF but my temps and GPU usage have plummeted...Performance is completely unaffected.

F'ing idiot, had adaptive v-sync enabled, left it disabled after bench runs. I'm getting old.

Hey frosty. Mind doing a stranger a favor and benching just 2 of your 780 ti's at 1440p on a intense 64 man map? After looking at Greg results I'm kinda hesitant in picking up a 1440p monitor just quite yet. Also what CPU you running now?

Pretty please ;)

1d794f6deaf552c70a620c54f289f431.jpg

Thought I would pop these into a nice graph :)

Ffs. Just had a stint on this for a couple hours. Turned off machine to do something and now Windows 8 boot manager is corrupted. Cant seem to repair it :(
Ran the fix bdc command and now it won't even see the OS. Fu W8.1

Last edited:
Ffs. Just had a stint on this for a couple hours. Turned off machine to do something and now Windows 8 boot manager is corrupted. Cant seem to repair it :(
Ran the fix bdc command and now it won't even see the OS. Fu W8.1

Have you tried a sfc /scannow command in command prompt?

Failing that you could try a Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth in command prompt. Other than that i have nothing without doing a repair install.

Back
Top Bottom