• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

You must have a special 690 or two Kaap because for the first time i tried BF4 on full Ultra @1440p on a single 690 at a friends and it suffered quite serve low fps drops at times. The weird thing was it seemed to play ok for a while, then it hit.:eek:

oVxaBJZ.jpg

I like to think my GTX 690s are a bit special but thanks to you providing the graph above I now know I am not alone. It's great to see the 2gb GTX 690 beating out the 4gb R9 290X @1600p.:D

I think I said some time ago that my two GTX 690s were faster than two of my 290Xs @1600p.:D

I feel like shooting myself for saying it but the stock 7990 provides a faster and smoother experience than my 7950's at 1100/1500. Not to mention the 7950's were like a jet engine almost at that speed where as the 7990 is silent, apart from a bit of coil whine. :D

I do wonder if having it on a single x16 pci-e slot makes any difference as opposed to two different cards on a x8 slot each. Probably doesn't make any major difference i suppose.

Well I use pcie3 x16 on both lanes and have mins of 82-90fps (Dips down to 70fps in Paracel storm) Averages look like 110-115fps. I run 1220mv 1150Mhx 1650Mhx vram 24/7. If I peak the gpu's at 1200Mhz I can hold 90fps mins at 1200 res. Max temp is 74oC.

The Game play is so amazing and smooth I cant imagine it being better. But your 1440p monitor must look beautiful compared to my 1200 28" jobby.

I'm gonna buy a 7990 and run 3 cards just for fun.

I like to think my GTX 690s are a bit special but thanks to you providing the graph above I now know I am not alone. It's great to see the 2gb GTX 690 beating out the 4gb R9 290X @1600p.:D

I think I said some time ago that my two GTX 690s were faster than two of my 290Xs @1600p.:D

You have special 690's the fastest gpu's in the world, even faster than Broomsticks gpu thats how special they are. :D :p

You should test 1x690 vs 2x290's. They cost about the same. :)

Last edited:
You have special 690's the fastest gpu's in the world, even faster than Broomsticks gpu thats how special they are. :D :p

You should test 1x690 vs2x290's. They cost about the same. :)

The difference is I have had 18 months use out of my GTX 690s and they can still run BF4 faster than a pair of 290Xs @1600p, now that's what I call value for money. I don't think my 290Xs will have such a long and useful life.:D

The difference is I have had 18 months use out of my GTX 690s and they can still run BF4 faster than a pair of 290Xs @1600p, now that's what I call value for money. I don't think my 290Xs will have such a long and useful life.:D

If you run 4 290x you should get the same life span as they won't be limited by memory any time soon and 4 will probably match 2 x 20nm cards.

Well looks like the 290's have better scaling now (95%) vs the 690 (80%) since the BF4 patch so maybe you should re-run your test. :) Though i have no doubt in your test the 690 will still have better fps.

Bit-tech said:
the impact of stepping up to this resolution is immediately noticeable, as cards that were previously averaging close 60fps are now closer to 30fps. In fact, the only card here that can hit 60fps now is the HD 7990, which again scales excellently at 96 percent faster than the R9 280X. Given that it's currently just £400, it looks like a fairly good value high end card here considering how many more expensive cards it beats.

The GTX 690, on the other hand, has about 80 percent scaling over the GTX 680, and is easily surpassed by AMD's dual-GPU effort.

zYxSWXp.jpg

If you run 4 290x you should get the same life span as they won't be limited by memory any time soon and 4 will probably match 2 x 20nm cards.

Touche.

Nothing will ever be faster or last longer than Kaap's 690's. 2gb 4 life dawg. :p :cool:

How longs that been now? Must be frustrating waiting on the final piece of the jigsaw. Just as well you got lots of other nice hardware to keep you going until it arrives.

It is very frustrating but OCUK have said it won't be long now. I really like the 290Xs and once I get them up and running, they may pull off a few surprises on the bench threads.:D

Well looks like the 290's have better scaling now (95%) vs the 690 (80%) since the BF4 patch so maybe you should re-run your test. :) Though i have no doubt in your test the 690 will still have better fps.

So would it be safe to say you now agree that the GTX 690s can run BF4 @1600p and the debate has moved on to how fast they are.:p:D

Nothing will ever be faster or last longer than Kaap's 690's. 2gb 4 life dawg. :p :cool:

You have forgotten about my 1gb HD 5970s, I was quite impressed when they managed to do the Tomb Raider bench on the settings used in that thread.

So would it be safe to say you now agree that the GTX 690s can run BF4 @1600p and the debate has moved on to how fast they are.:p:D

Personally speaking i found the minimums a bit too low when i tried it on a 690. Once aa was off and vram usage lowered it was a better experience. I don't know if the vram limit was breached but after some time performance did drop off, texture popping occured and fps sometimes dropped quite low, though never down to 1fps for example. My 7990 didn't have those problems.

Back
Top Bottom