• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

No it wasn't I tested it, you really think I wanted to switch to Windows 8 from 7??

I benched my own system and seen the difference before making the Switch for good.

You think I really like Windows 8? But the truth of the matter is Windows 8 is much better than Windows 7 with Battlefield 4.

/End

Sorry but for something to be night and day, I want to see your testing methodology and your before and after results before I can take those claims seriously. I am not having a dig but you also have never had a single crash but everyone else has at some stage it seems from looking around the forums (and not even including the battlelog where all the trolls hang out).

Much isn't 5% but sure if you want to justify Win 8 to yourself by saying it is then I'm not going to argue with you about that.

Where's your results of BF4 live FPS then on Win 7 / 8?

Beta I agree with, Win 7 was dog until they patched it late on. I also swapped to Win 8 in the beta period and the difference was night and day back then. I didn't need an FPS counter to perceive the improved smoothness.

They is countless thread's made on Battlelog of people who switched from Windows 7 to 8 in the full game release also saying it made massive difference to there game.

You have to remember Rusty HardOCP only just did their test after god knows how many server patches and at least two client patches (that i know of). Shankly could well be spot on at the time of testing.

Not that I could verify as I had alreay jumped ship but wasn't Win 7 fixed in the beta as per Uncle Petey (is that right?!)?

They is countless thread's made on Battlelog of people who switched from Windows 7 to 8 in the full game release also saying it made massive difference to there game.

Yes, but I didn't ask that. I asked to see your test results as you said you has specifically tested it. I've not got any real interest in anecdotal evidence from the sheep. :)

For the record: I have Win 8.1 :(

Sorry but for something to be night and day, I want to see your testing methodology and your before and after results before I can take those claims seriously. I am not having a dig but you also have never had a single crash but everyone else has at some stage it seems from looking around the forums (and not even including the battlelog where all the trolls hang out).

Tested on Conquest 64 on Beta map.. 3 spots on the map
1. B flag top over looking towards C flag
2. D flag over looking towards C flag
3. E flag over looking towards A flag

These are the most demanding spots where the frame rate takes a massive it. It's here where I looked at my own performance and made the choice.

Not that I could verify as I had alreay jumped ship but wasn't Win 7 fixed in the beta as per Uncle Petey (is that right?!)?

Yes, but I didn't ask that. I asked to see your test results as you said you has specifically tested it. I've not got any real interest in anecdotal evidence from the sheep. :)

For the record: I have Win 8.1 :(

I didn't save anything, like I said it was for my own personal testing. Since when was the last time you see me posting bench results its not something I do.

It all makes sense now panic over lads. Shankly tested prior to the Win 7 fix in the beta. I don't disagree performance was shoddy before then.

lol

I tested Windows 7 on the Beta and performance wasn't great but then testing on the full release with newer drivers, the difference with going from Windows 7 to Windows 7 was night and day :rolleyes::p:o

1075.gif

Sorted :D
I was 100% correct on my finding's I had no idea they was a fix for windows 7.

:D

You was but it would help others if you was a little more scientific in your reporting and at least say that you came from Beta testing to full release but you switched OS's in the Beta. :)

Always handy to have results to use as evidence like this:

Siege of Shanghai 32 man Domination Beta (331.40 drivers)
Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
25244, 328959, 57, 114, 76.739

Siege of Shanghai 32 man Domination (full release 331.82 drivers)
Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
59355, 633473, 67, 188, 93.698

22% boost on the averages :)

It seems i am bottlenecked with a 2700k @ 4.8Ghz..

using SLI 770 Lightings i am getting 60% GPU usage on both gpus and the game is performing terribly @ 1080p 120Hz everything ultra except MSAA at 2x

getting FPS is the 70-100 range and its jerky as hell

switching to the x86 exe smoothed things out a bit

using Win7 64 with coreparking disabled

dont think my PC is the problem i am an experienced PC gamer and my windows is tweaked to perfection

Back
Top Bottom