• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

I got my 280x today and had a few games and it's a nice little boost over my 7950.

The 280x holds a solid 59 frames most of the time at ultra 1080p.

I haven't tested clocks but it seemed to run fine in game at 1150 core 6300 memory hopefully it will do a lot more.

The max my 7950 can run at is 1100 core 5500 mem.

If I want more power I can always stick the crossfire bridge in :)

Just gone from a single GTX 670 FTW to 7950 Crossfire. I'll be honest, I was expecting to see my framerates improve...

My GPU usage fluctuates while playing. That's not to say it spikes, it just seems to vary between 60% and 80% (hitting lots of values in-between too) usage on each GPU.
So is my 4770K @ 4.3GHz causing a bottleneck?

Just gone from a single GTX 670 FTW to 7950 Crossfire. I'll be honest, I was expecting to see my framerates improve...

My GPU usage fluctuates while playing. That's not to say it spikes, it just seems to vary between 60% and 80% (hitting lots of values in-between too) usage on each GPU.

Are your 7950s on stock bios? Known issue to get fluctuating GPU utilisation unless you flash the modded bios.

Don't know if this is just me but the game seems to be going down hill? fps is lower and just feels overly laggy?

Went to the latest Nvidia drivers but felt worse so have gone back to the .82 drivers.

Does AMD users feel it is not play as well as it used to?

just bought this game and it set the options to ultra, i have a 290 unlocked to 290x (thanks ocuk) and the game is very stuttery and fps are up and down like a yo-yo, is this a game fault? battlefield 3 plays absoloutly fine so its either some setting or the game i presume, i went into the test range to start with to see what it was like graphics etc.

have to say at stock clocks (290x unlocked clocks) the card hit 93 degrees c in only a few minutes.

I also have an i7 4770k a seasonic 750 watt psu, BitFenix Ronin Tower Case, Gigabyte G1.Sniper Z87 for reference.

Last edited:
Don't know if this is just me but the game seems to be going down hill? fps is lower and just feels overly laggy?

Went to the latest Nvidia drivers but felt worse so have gone back to the .82 drivers.

Does AMD users feel it is not play as well as it used to?

No its running very nicely mate for us AMD folk. It started out patchy but has been getting better and better ever since and now multi gpu scaling is up to 95-99%.

Don't worry mate I get EXACTLY the same. Ranges from 50-90% GPU usage for me at 1080p full ultra. But most maps maintain avg of 80-100 but certain ones like Siege of Shanghai drop into the 40's in certain places and GPU usage is under 60% when that happens but according to Afterburner my CPU cores arent being maxed so no idea. I reckon memory leak as performance seems to degrade for me. Only other option was Win 8 but I will wait for Mantle first as that should put the strain on the GPU's correctly.

Crossfire 7950's still drop below 60 frequently enough to make it annoying, and as the guy above has a single 7970 and only goes to 56 min? The game just isn't working 100% at the moment.

Don't worry mate I get EXACTLY the same. Ranges from 50-90% GPU usage for me at 1080p full ultra. But most maps maintain avg of 80-100 but certain ones like Siege of Shanghai drop into the 40's in certain places and GPU usage is under 60% when that happens but according to Afterburner my CPU cores arent being maxed so no idea. I reckon memory leak as performance seems to degrade for me. Only other option was Win 8 but I will wait for Mantle first as that should put the strain on the GPU's correctly.

Crossfire 7950's still drop below 60 frequently enough to make it annoying, and as the guy above has a single 7970 and only goes to 56 min? The game just isn't working 100% at the moment.

Get the same with 670 sli although mostly above 85% usage. Shanghai gpu usage is bad though can drop to 60% on occasion

just seen in this thread about the foliage you get when using ultra and changing it to medium and redeploying, the difference is night and day.
So in that respect people will get a distinct advantage running lower setting so you can see past the shrubbery ie its not there compared to someone with it on?
Also has there been any word on a fix for this issue as of yet?

just seen in this thread about the foliage you get when using ultra and changing it to medium and redeploying, the difference is night and day.
So in that respect people will get a distinct advantage running lower setting so you can see past the shrubbery ie its not there compared to someone with it on?
Also has there been any word on a fix for this issue as of yet?

Indeed. i kept getting shot through bushes when i thought i was hidden when playing with the full ultra ( medium set for terrain decoration).

+ It is such a faff to activate and reactivate (i.e. leaving on ultra when you quit then changing it back e.t.c) that i have just decided to keep everything on the ultra preset

I hope they fix it. When is the next client patch due?

Slightly cpu bottlenecked maybe Jono? Performance/smoothness was excellent throughout but not as consistent gpu usage as 1440p. I think 1080p is limited a bit by the cpu. Mantle should help with this.

m5CmXt2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom