• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

I hope they fix it. When is the next client patch due?

due out from the 2nd december week

We are verifying the upcoming PC patch and making sure it is good to go. We are aiming to get this patch out the week of Dec 2. Right now, we don’t have a set date for it, but here’s what it will include. Stay tuned for more updates in the Battlefield 4 Control Room.

PC Game Update Notes
-Removed the blur effect on soldiers that appeared when Commanders were using EMP attacks
-Fixed the audio bug where audio sometimes randomly dropped out while playing on certain multiplayer maps (typically Golmud Railway and Hainan Resort)
-Fixed the "one-hit kill bug" where occasionally damage from a single bullet was applied multiple times
- Fixed a common crash that would occur when exiting from the Single Player Campaign to Main Menu
-Tweaked the network and computer performance screen to show proper values. Players can now test their computer and network connection and get recommendations if they need to adjust something to improve their gameplay experience.

Slightly cpu bottlenecked maybe Jono? Performance/smoothness was excellent throughout but not as consistent gpu usage as 1440p. I think 1080p is limited a bit by the cpu. Mantle should help with this.

m5CmXt2.jpg

Yeh that is more like what I experience at 1080p GPU usage wise.

Yeh that is more like what I experience at 1080p GPU usage wise.

Mines much more severe than that, well bigger gap between min and max, but that sort of shape, no spiking.

Shocking that I was getting better fps and less fluctuation in fps using a single 670 than with 2 7950s...

Is there an easy way I can disable Crossfire when playing BF4 to see if one card is better?

Mines much more severe than that, well bigger gap between min and max, but that sort of shape, no spiking.

Shocking that I was getting better fps and less fluctuation in fps using a single 670 than with 2 7950s...

Is there an easy way I can disable Crossfire when playing BF4 to see if one card is better?

Thats very strange Googaly, as I get very high fps and smooth game play and my cpu is just an i5 ivy. (Comapared to your sandy-e) Are you using the latest drivers and have you overclocked the cpu and gpu?

I find that BF4 needs at least 4.5Ghz in crossfire to get the best fps.

I think I have solved my crashing problem. I have been playing for the past couple of days without AB or Fraps running and not had a single crash but when I was running those, I was getting a lot of crashes. I am not sure what one was causing it but I am glad I found it.

Thats very strange Googaly, as I get very high fps and smooth game play and my cpu is just an i5 ivy. (Comapared to your sandy-e) Are you using the latest drivers and have you overclocked the cpu and gpu?

I find that BF4 needs at least 4.5Ghz in crossfire to get the best fps.

My 7950 Crossfire is running on my Haswell i7 (4770K @ 4.3GHz).
I'm wondering if it was the server I was on, played on another server the other day and didn't notice it. It may just have been I was doing better so was concentrating more on the game.

Odd situation I found last night. At full ultra shanghai was dropping down into 40s and gpu usage at 50%. Upped resolution scale to 120% (from 100) and it didnt drop below 50 fps?! It seems putting as much strain on gpu as possible can stabilise the fps. Didnt think it would increase the min tho.

I think I have solved my crashing problem. I have been playing for the past couple of days without AB or Fraps running and not had a single crash but when I was running those, I was getting a lot of crashes. I am not sure what one was causing it but I am glad I found it.

Think it's FRAPS. Was causing crashes for me as well. Stopped as soon as I stopped running it.

Maybe this explains why I dont crash, I dont use either of them programs.

I use ab on my kb lcd, but havent had any crashes in quite a while now. Sometimes get the sound bug on golmund railway. But my single biggest issue is getting disconnected when trying to join a round. Often takes 5 or 6 attempts to join a server.

Back
Top Bottom