• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Thats very strange Googaly, as I get very high fps and smooth game play and my cpu is just an i5 ivy. (Comapared to your sandy-e) Are you using the latest drivers and have you overclocked the cpu and gpu?

I find that BF4 needs at least 4.5Ghz in crossfire to get the best fps.

Just tried it on my SB-E with 290 CF and it's the same there. 1080p and getting around 70fps. Surely I should be doing better with 2 290s?

Are the 13.11 beta 9.4 drivers not very good or something?

Should be a lot higher, given amd cards are faster in this game then the equivalent nvidia card, I average 140-160 with dual 780's at 1080, I'd guess a pair of 290's should be the higher end of my averages...

I know right?
I was getting better framerates with a single 670. Something is wrong here surely?
Am I missing something? Is there something special I need to do to make crossfire work well in BF4?

EDIT: I've run Heaven and my 7950 CF at stock (well, 925/1250) gets 1548 and my 290s (at stock) get 2200+, so they sort of seem reasonable I think.

Last edited:
I know right?
I was getting better framerates with a single 670. Something is wrong here surely?
Am I missing something? Is there something special I need to do to make crossfire work well in BF4?

EDIT: I've run Heaven and my 7950 CF at stock (well, 925/1250) gets 1548 and my 290s (at stock) get 2200+, so they sort of seem reasonable I think.

Nothing special .. 7990 works well for me @ 1600p ... maybe cpu grunt is required ? Or, maybe mantle!

see the AB screenie here: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=25359346&postcount=4774

So impressed with the 470s when I pressed them back into use for this as a temp measure - almost ultra settings at 1920x1080 70-100fps most of the time on 64 player conquest large and rarely drops below 60 - shame with both spun up the noise and heat output is incredible :|

So impressed with the 470s when I pressed them back into use for this as a temp measure - almost ultra settings at 1920x1080 70-100fps most of the time on 64 player conquest large and rarely drops below 60 - shame with both spun up the noise and heat output is incredible :|

When you say almost ultra, what settings do you mean?

470s... the VRAM.

I've been testing a 7990 and was getting the kind of FPS you'd expect (and strangely, a seeming lack of a bottleneck with my 2500K :confused:) last night, but after having a go today post patch, I seem to have gone back to the fps I was getting with an OC'd 7970...

Back
Top Bottom