• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

I only said that comment to try and get Matt again but he's ignoring me as he knows what I'm up to :p.

Bullets still going through walls and killing me is putting me right off this game :(

It's part of the client side hit boxes unfortuntely. In a server where everyone has sub 20 ping the game would be flawless but when you've got people on 50+ ping it can lead to some interesting deaths/kills.

Nothing winds me up more in Battlefield than getting killed by somebody due to them pinging highly. Out-aimed but then out-lagged :p. I can't realistically do well above 35ms which is not due to the difference in latency between 35ms and 15ms (my usual ping) but due to how the game handles hit detection with increased latency.

I have a habit of predicting when somebody dies when I'm firing on them so I'll burst somebody, trust my aim and assume they've died and then acquire the next target immediately... however if their hitbox is not where it says it is, this often leaves me with 3-4 guys on 20 health each rather than 4 dead guys :D.

I had a ridiculous kill streak on Locker last night from C all the way to E. No idea how I didn't die at certain points but I racked up a ludicrous amount of score on that run from kills, healing and revives. Yes people of the Battlefield world, you do get points if you revive and it happens to help your team. Please take note :p.

Last edited:
I snipe (except of domination) so i dont spray! core equals a lot more spray and pray because it takes more bullets to drop them!

You might not spray but hardcore implicitly promotes it. Hardcore damage was basically invented as the default console setting where it's more difficult to hit people and get kills due to the nature of the controller.

Hardcore doesn't require anywhere near as much aim (though it is more 'realistic' due to lack of 3D spotting etc.). You also don't need to track people when firing, one burst and people are dead or crippled to the point of being useless.

It's more realistic but it isn't more skilled as the nature of it promotes camping and cautious game play as everyone dies too easily. You also have a miniscule chance of killing somebody who opens up on you due to the damage modifier.

It's a nice idea on paper but how it actually pans out is far from this utopian view. Not to say it's a bad game mode or anything and I've nothing against people who prefer it but I personally find it completely skill less as it doesn't require good aim. I judge skill based on aiming hence my opinion. :)

PLayed three of the new maps so far. Gillian Peaks is probably the most demanding so far. The other two more open maps, Silk Cut and Atari Range are not half as demanding and are big and open. (thats what she said) Scaling is still superb.

SNsAgvt.jpg

I was on your server LtMatt it seems to run well although since it was all vehicles i doubt ill spend to much time on there, never understood the joy of vehicle combat on any of t he BF games since the troops anti vehicle weaponary is so crap (unless you use mines that its just turns into a camping match) even worse on this one as vehicle health (usually) regens.

I javelined one tank three times and it still killed me in the end lol

I was on your server LtMatt it seems to run well although since it was all vehicles i doubt ill spend to much time on there, never understood the joy of vehicle combat on any of t he BF games since the troops anti vehicle weaponary is so crap (unless you use mines that its just turns into a camping match) even worse on this one as vehicle health (usually) regens.

I javelined one tank three times and it still killed me in the end lol

Of the new DLC maps one is all infanty and the other three are all vehicle. Thats the way Dice do it unfortunately. I do like some good infantry combat as well. Have to play on 24/7 lockers servers for that. ;)

I like zavod, flood, locker, parcel storm and the one i can never remember the name of its like a construction site with a big ass crane in it lol all very good for dominiation and infantry only combat lol hopefully GHOSTxOFxDEATH will see you all soon and hopefully one the wright side of his bullets and not the oteher way around lol

PLayed three of the new maps so far. Gillian Peaks is probably the most demanding so far. The other two more open maps, Silk Cut and Atari Range are not half as demanding and are big and open. (thats what she said) Scaling is still superb.

SNsAgvt.jpg

You do like a smooth graph don't you ;)

So are the new maps only available via Premium? Which is an additional £40...

Premium members get to try them early. Depends if your copy of BF4 came with the first DLC free. If it didn't then no you can't play it. You either have to buy the DLC (around £10+) or buy premium. (around £40+)

But the DLC isn't available yet, correct? It's only available currently to Premium members?

Correct. Just had a look at Origin to double check. If you want to play it now you'll need premium. I expect they'll make it available like they did with BF3 before long though. It does work out cheaper just to get premium though.

Will be two weeks before none premium get it heres a copy and paste from origins BF4 quick view order page

Lock in all five expansions & priority access.
Get two week of early access to all five expansions, plus bonus Battlepacks & exclusive XP events!

What's bloody annoying is that although I don't have premium, I did get the China Rising DLC with BF4 and it not only lists the maps, but it lets me join them only to get an endless 'Loading Level' message which sometimes ends in a 'BF4 has stopped working' pop-up...

Why can't it just tell me I need premium or something?

Cause your not premium you do have the pack, but thats seprerate from the 2 weeks premium early access, buy premuim pete you wont regret it youll get al the back dated battle packs access to expansions from the start and the joy of killing your friends! lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom