• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

I know I'll bottleneck somewhat, but 40-50% GPU usage seems a bit crap. Plus I was seeing a good 20+ fps more on my 780.
My Heaven scores seem fine though, so I have no idea :o

Here's my pagefile usage on afterburner, does this seem normal?
pfusage_zps27c0e9b0.jpg

Last edited:
I know I'll bottleneck somewhat, but 40-50% GPU usage seems a bit crap. Plus I was seeing a good 20+ fps more on my 780.
My Heaven scores seem fine though, so I have no idea :o

I have the same cpu as you and tried the 7990, I experienced bottlenecking which I wasn't happy with and also my case wasn't really large enough for this card and couldn't deal with cooling properly so I'm sending it back. Shame really as it's a great card.

You will either need to upgrade your cpu or hope that mantle will solve some of the bottlenecking to get the full potential from this card.

I know it definitely is a bottleneck with dual cards, but my 2500K seemed pretty good with the 7990 in BF4 before the patch hit. Not tried it since though.

I matched Matt's stock 7990 scores in the TR and Sleeping Dogs bench thread fwiw and the only bottlenecking I could really find was with Crysis 3.

Just waiting for another waterblock (and a mobo that works properly :rolleyes:) and I'll be chucking a 2nd 7970 in my rig, so if anyone wants to sell me a 2600/2700/3770K, gimme a holla on the MM NAOW!

Ultra @ 1080p
Stock 7990 + 4.5Ghz 2500k
32 player TD on Shanghai.
Min Max Avg
39 151 63.696

Gonna pop my 780 back in and see what I get.

I'll get a comparison up for you on an i7. Stand by. ;)

Waiting on the Nvidia driver download. I think their servers must be playing up, 300Kb/s :o

Played on this softcore server (http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf...rver-Noobs-Welcome-Fast-Respawn-Vote-Ranking/) as i couldn't get in any hardcore ones. God damn softcore mode is easy. Would never get a score like this on hardcore.

1zAbjK2.jpg.png

FPS
Ym0P0M6.jpg.png

mb3DYb8.jpg

Now I don't know whether to go for a new CPU or new monitor for Christmas.

If this is your main game id get an i7 and keep the 7990. If you don't want to upgrade your cpu sell the 7990 and keep the 780. Getting a larger monitor will remove the bottleneck a bit but its not the best option as it will still be present to some degree, even at 1440p+.

EDIT

Saying that though...Mantle...

Last edited:
If this is your main game id get an i7 and keep the 7990. If you don't want to upgrade your cpu sell the 7990 and keep the 780. Getting a larger monitor will remove the bottleneck a bit but its not the best option as it will still be preset to some degree, even at 1440p+.

Listen to the wise words of the Lt.

An i5 and 7990 is a compromise, you need an i7 to get its full potential.

Mantle is still an unknown. It might help it might not.

Well I have the spec in my sig and I still get drops into the 40's on Shanghai occasionally. As do a number of other people. An i7 won't necessarily fix the problem until the game is fixed. But as Matt said, Mantle is out this month, silly to change anything now as thats supposed to (hopefully) correctly put the strain on the GPU which should see your (and my) minimums shoot up.

Back
Top Bottom