• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Well I have the spec in my sig and I still get drops into the 40's on Shanghai occasionally. As do a number of other people. An i7 won't necessarily fix the problem until the game is fixed. But as Matt said, Mantle is out this month, silly to change anything now as thats supposed to (hopefully) correctly put the strain on the GPU which should see your (and my) minimums shoot up.

I wonder if all the people getting these drops only have 8gb of system ram. <conspiracy>

I definitely don't get those drops either on my 7990 or my 7950 crossfire setup before it. 1080P is a cakewalk tbh for these cards. There has to be some other issue at play here.

People getting these drops, all running afterburner?

If this is your main game id get an i7 and keep the 7990. If you don't want to upgrade your cpu sell the 7990 and keep the 780. Getting a larger monitor will remove the bottleneck a bit but its not the best option as it will still be present to some degree, even at 1440p+.

EDIT

Saying that though...Mantle...

Fingers crossed for the powa of Mantle :p

Well I have the spec in my sig and I still get drops into the 40's on Shanghai occasionally. As do a number of other people. An i7 won't necessarily fix the problem until the game is fixed. But as Matt said, Mantle is out this month, silly to change anything now as thats supposed to (hopefully) correctly put the strain on the GPU which should see your (and my) minimums shoot up.

There are still senarios that bring single GPUs to their knees. Standing near exploding vehicles on a busy server can bring you easily into the 40FPS range. It's just a taxing game.

There are still senarios that bring single GPUs to their knees. Standing near exploding vehicles on a busy server can bring you easily into the 40FPS range. It's just a taxing game.

That was precisely my point, however as Matt stated the minimums should not be dropping into the 40's especially at 1080p when people with the same or weaker setups can maintain 60. I did try lowering the graphics to high, disabling AA and HBAO to SSAO and still got the same drops so not the graphics card. If I up the resolution scale it actually makes the game maintain a higher min fps.

Nah, I get ~50fps just running around with nothing going on in Shanghai TD/Domination.

On Medium settings:

Min Max Avg
39 201 62.166

Bleh :p

Yeah i think theres something wrong with the game/your setup mate.

That was precisely my point, however as Matt stated the minimums should not be dropping into the 40's especially at 1080p when people with the same or weaker setups can maintain 60. I did try lowering the graphics to high, disabling AA and HBAO to SSAO and still got the same drops so not the graphics card. If I up the resolution scale it actually makes the game maintain a higher min fps.

Maybe a game issue then Rich.

I did an end task on AB earlier after the game started to get choppy, I thought it was the server but after quiting AB it was smooth again for 3 maps in a row. Think i'll just uninstall AB and see. Come to think of it, it never crashed once either.

Bumped my cpu back up to 4.5ghz, unfortunately the game developed a weird screeching sound then crashed. Not sure if this is just bf4 being normal or an oc issue. Game did feel a bit smoother though.

Altai pass, 32 player obliteration. 1920x1200, 2x msaa, ultra settings.

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
48141, 416413, 8, 183, 115.609

To me it seems like my 290 CF should be able to do more than 60fps on Ultra settings at 1080p, but it can't!

It's getting really annoying now!

Heaven seems fine but BF4 is appalling.
My 7950s out perform my 290CF and my single GTX 670 outperfomed my 7950 CF in BF4. What is going on!?

Something's definitely not right there googaly, probably a stupid question, but have you checked to see if both cards are getting usage? Disabled ulps? you tried removing all the drivers and reinstalling?

Something's definitely not right there googaly, probably a stupid question, but have you checked to see if both cards are getting usage? Disabled ulps? you tried removing all the drivers and reinstalling?

Yeah, the usage seems to spike, but apparently that's the drivers not reporting the usage properly (I hope).
Disabled ULPS.
I've removed and re-installed the drivers repeatedly. I can only install the 9.5 BETAs over the 9.4s. The display driver fails to install if I try to install the 9.5 from scratch.

Anyone used codeskey.com before? I bought premium around 6pm but not heard anything from them yet. A bit peeved that I have the China Rising with the expensive version of BF4 I bought but can't play it for 2 weeks because I don't have premium....

Single 780Ti @ 1440P Paracel Storm 64 Man Ultra 4X MSSA

Don't think that's too bad for 1440P.

Clocks 1167/3802

4960x @ 4.7

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
32305, 491079, 48, 98, 65.784

Hey frosty. Nice to see your back up and running. Did you happen to have anytime to run a 64 man bench on a demanding map with only 2 ti's @ 1440 maxed with 4xAA? Im not looking for crazy high frame rates. I'm more worried about minimums going under 60. :)

Back
Top Bottom