• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Seen em go for round that secondhand. I sold mine 3rd hand for £130.00 6 months after id bought it for £170.00 iirc, was a terrible clocking chip. Needed 1.34v at 4.5ghz yet still wasnt 100% stable.

Seen em go for round that secondhand. I sold mine 3rd hand for £130.00 6 months after id bought it for £170.00 iirc, was a terrible clocking chip. Needed 1.34v at 4.5ghz yet still wasnt 100% stable.

My 2500k needs 1.37v for 4.5ghz :p
It runs under 60C though, so no worries :)

I've heard the newer ones run much hotter.

Temps on both ib and hw are a big issue due to not being soldered like an sb chip. Saying that though, my 3770k maxed at 81c under ibt. My hw in sig at 4.5ghz will hit 94c in p95 small fft which is a bit easier on cpu's than ibt. Dont stress test it now tbh. Both chips hit the mid 60's max in games in a case with virtually zero front air intake. I could drop at least 20c off the 4770k by delidding it and using liquid pro/ultra on the die. Bit risky though.

Ivy temps and knowing I'd end up delidding are what made me go for a used 2600K fwiw.
Still a good choice mate and cooler running. Tbf though, in normal use ib/hw run pretty cool. It's only with synthetic stress tests that they run hot, as 8 Pack says, use your system for your normal tasks to test stability. 4.5ghz on say a 4770k is about the same as an sb at 4.8ghz ono, so you dont really have to push them very high.

Still a good choice mate and cooler running. Tbf though, in normal use ib/hw run pretty cool. It's only with synthetic stress tests that they run hot, as 8 Pack says, use your system for your normal tasks to test stability. 4.5ghz on say a 4770k is about the same as an sb at 4.8ghz ono, so you dont really have to push them very high.

Yeah I run mine at 4.6 GHz 24/7. No idea what the temps are like in a game but Prime 95 sure heats them up :D. I know they don't go above 85c and that's about it :D.

My 3770k tops out at 69 degrees during BF4 (using the lowest rpm/silent fan setting on my cpu cooler). When running IBT & Prime 95 with AVX it tops out at about 82 degrees with the fan ramped up a bit.

Ive had to resort to some ghetto modding to try and get some cool air into this case to help with the cpu.

Lian Li drive bezels and a 120mm fan tied behind them with sewing elastic. Theres another two 120's below that one, but theyre as useful as an ash tray on a motorbike. Things arent helped either with two non ref 670's close together chucking heat into the case.

I've just got a mental block when it comes to breaching certain temp levels. Safe or not, I just can't take it :D

Remember they raised the tjmax on ivy/haswell to 105 Degrees where as Sandy is 95.

Also, reading ivybridge reviews before buying mine i noticed that at stock with the stock cooler, they hit 80 degrees under heavy load (IBT/Prime) anyway so they are designed to run like that.

Remember they raised the tjmax on ivy/haswell to 105 Degrees where as Sandy is 95.

Also, reading ivybridge reviews before buying mine i noticed that at stock with the stock cooler, they hit 80 degrees under heavy load (IBT/Prime) anyway so they are designed to run like that.

Yeah, I know :)
Being on water, it wouldn't get silly anyway, but I like to see very low temps after spending all that cash ;) I'd rather just clock a little bit more to make up the difference if necessary.

Back
Top Bottom