• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Yeah thats pretty bad isn't it. Worst case scenario, but nonetheless shocking. Luckily ive never experienced it that badly.

I have had my aim knocked to the side a few times and it stick there, thats worse, its LMG's, since the last couple patches massive suppression has been added to them, they don't just blur the screen they also knock your aim to the side so your off target, thats not all that bad if your quick enough to move it back on aim, but, i have had a couple of occasions where the aim stuck of target and would not move.

Maybe me being harsh. I thought they should be higher but then again, Siege is demanding and I mainly play Domination, so don't have all the tanks blowing up and stuff.

Maybe, but then I have been scoring slightly lower than some on other benches, so...

I don't play domination much, but I do recall getting noticeably higher average frames on that mode compared to conquest when I was running the WC 7970 fwiw.

What was the vram usage, could've been something to do with that.

Either way you'll never get great results trying to tri-fire at peasant res i doubt. One 7990 is overkill at 1080p let alone another 7970 on top. Even with my 2700k@5ghz i get bottlenecking at 1080p with my 7990 at stock. Trying running the same test once mantle hits rude boi. ;)

Just to get back to this point, I'd have to disagree :)

These two benches at maximum in-game settings/AA as well as Crysis 3 at almost max are very glad of the extra beef at 1080p. Then there are those that use 120hz etc...

BcFwaOx.png
LuInxkF.png

They also get nice, solid gpu usage up in the mid 90's with full on settings.

Still getting gpu use dropping to the 70's a good bit and the game stuttering a lot. Cpu is clocked at 4.5ghz so shouldnt be a bottleneck. Got the feeling that sli isnt very well utilised in this game.

Settings im running are, 1920x1200, x2 msaa, ultra settings. Ive unparked cpu cores, set render ahead to 2 in nv cp. The latter two helped a bit. Cards currently at stock speed, they both max at 99%. Vram use of 1770mb max.

Hmm, haven't tried the render ahead thing. Unparking helped me a bit too, I think.
There is the talk of 16Gb helping. Not sure how much truth there is in that tbh... Might have to pop a couple of sticks out and see.

Don't suppose you have an AB graph lying around? :D

No ab graph mate, just looked at gpu/cpu use on the osd and seen the gpu's drop to 70% load a few times. Got 8gb of ram at 2400mhz, max ive seen used in bf4 was 5.7gb. 4.9 in the last round i played just a minute or two ago.

Last fraps bench i ran, 64 cq shanghai on the settings mentioned above.

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
56026, 600000, 53, 177, 93.377

Last edited:
Best to get a graph on the go mate. You'll soon be able to correlate sharp drops on there with stutter if it proves to be the case.
Maybe run the in-game overlay graph and take a screenshot?

I wouldn't expect it to maintain 90+ all the time anyway from what I've seen at least. It really depends on how much work it has to do to render whatever's going on after any potential bottleneck stuff is eliminated.
At least that what I reckon :)

Yeah thats pretty bad isn't it. Worst case scenario, but nonetheless shocking. Luckily ive never experienced it that badly.

That is pretty much my experience every time I play the game :| seems worse on some servers than others but thats pretty much normal on the bad servers and only about half as bad on the good ones.

For some reason today I'm getting killed a lot after going into cover - not really experienced it before like some people were complaining but today I've had atleast 5+ instances where I died 2-3 seconds after the person must have shot at me.

Best to get a graph on the go mate. You'll soon be able to correlate sharp drops on there with stutter if it proves to be the case.
Maybe run the in-game overlay graph and take a screenshot?

I wouldn't expect it to maintain 90+ all the time anyway from what I've seen at least. It really depends on how much work it has to do to render whatever's going on after any potential bottleneck stuff is eliminated.
At least that what I reckon :)
Downloaded a user cfg, set to display performance overlay and fps, but only fps shows up?

Just to get back to this point, I'd have to disagree :)

These two benches at maximum in-game settings/AA as well as Crysis 3 at almost max are very glad of the extra beef at 1080p. Then there are those that use 120hz etc...

BcFwaOx.png
LuInxkF.png

They also get nice, solid gpu usage up in the mid 90's with full on settings.

No image quality difference really at such low res between x2 and x4. The only difference is the marginally better gpu usage. (while still not perfect - should be 99% solid) 1440P with FXAA will look 99 times better than 1080p with x4 AA. ;)

7990 still overkill for 1080p imo. If you have a 120hz screen though ill grant its not overkill. So consider this a compromise of sorts. :D

Back
Top Bottom