• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Those results arent that far off Petes 7990, 7990+7970 bench marks above.
Maybe changing Gpu wasn't necessary Setter. (Maybe the game is so badly coded for sli/crossfire/trifire performance is signigicantly pegged.

I'm also sure that i had mins of 52 with a single 7950 (1200mhz) in Seige!!!

Last night the game was lagging, mins fps's 49 (in crossfire) and loads of crashes and BS-OD.

True about changing cards, but i fancy something new to mess about with m. Also may upgrade to a 27" monitor soon.

True about changing cards, but i fancy something new to mess about with m. Also may upgrade to a 27" monitor soon.

If you gonna run sli then a 100Hz+ monitor will be most useful. I somehow feel that I'm wasting energy drawing 140+ frames when my monitor only displays 60hz. (I always turn v syn off because it effect's game play detrimentally).

Those results arent that far off Petes 7990, 7990+7970 bench marks above.
Maybe changing Gpu wasn't necessary Setter. (Maybe the game is so badly coded for sli/crossfire/trifire performance is signigicantly pegged.

I'm also sure that i had mins of 52 with a single 7950 (1200mhz) in Seige!!!

Last night the game was lagging, mins fps's 49 (in crossfire) and loads of crashes and BS-OD.

I would be pretty concerned about BSOD's. I would think that is more your computer than the game to be honest.

I would be pretty concerned about BSOD's. I would think that is more your computer than the game to be honest.

Thats definately a possibility. But my overclock is usually rock solid stable. It just seems last night was laggy, buggy and just generally unstable. If it BS-OD again tonight then I'll take the cpu to 1.53v. (But I still think most of the problems stem from the game itself)

The game produced min fps 49 (Crossfire), which is less than what a single card can produce so something was wrong.

You have so many pc problems mate im expecting to see you on Jeremy Kyle any day now. :( :p

My PC seems to fall apart as I sleep :o
The frame pacing problem I have is really strange. With frame pacing on my games are all stuttery and fps is lower too.
I turned it off for the first time earlier and played some Paracel Storm; my fps rarely dipped below 100 and my GPU usage was ~90%. Seems a big improvement, though I've never benched that map before.

Last edited:
The bf4 dev team probably have the same level of intelligence as the people that appear on jeremy kyle.:D

Want to bench my new card but bf4 and fraps say no.:(

I reckon it will have 5-7fps better mins compared to a single overclocked 680? Keep us posted Setter. :cool:

Do anyone else experience 100% cpu usage when the game loads up?

My PC seems to fall apart as I sleep :o
The frame pacing problem I have is really strange. With frame pacing on my games are all stuttery and fps is lower too.
I turned it off for the first time earlier and played some Paracel Storm; my fps rarely dipped below 100 and my GPU usage was ~90%. Seems a big improvement, though I've never benched that map before.

I thought the same as you. When I put my second card in I had frame pacing turned off and thought it was pretty good. Just recently I switched to frame pacing (I think Matt said its the best option) and sometimes it stutters, but this may be server related. I suppose use what gives the best performance in game. I'll swith FP off tonight and see if it helps. Might be a placebo improvement effect.

Will try that mate. Yesterday with fraps open, every server i tried to join resulted in bf4 stopped responding error. Ive yet to try clocking the card yet but it feels a good bit smoother. One 670 sold, just need to get shot of the second to fund the purchase of another 780. Hoping my psu is upto the job.

Back
Top Bottom