• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Fwiw, I just found a couple of screenshots of 7990 benches at 1150/1500 and 1150/1700 which only scored 3173 and 3433 compared to your 3637 @1000/1500, so I wouldn't take too much comfort in your 7990 score beating those 7970's :)
There's obviously an issue there.

Fwiw, I just found a couple of screenshots of 7990 benches at 1150/1500 and 1150/1700 which only scored 3173 and 3433 compared to your 3637 @1000/1500, so I wouldn't take too much comfort in your 7990 score beating those 7970's :)
There's obviously an issue there.

I'm taking massive amounts of comfort from this. :D :p

Cool Story Bro... but stock 7990 faster than overclocked 7950 crossfire @1125/1600.

wBcbaqT.jpg

*were you* /Rusty mode :p

Nope.
I dunno about the 7990, but I managed to get that driver installation thing sorted out with the 7970's, so it's not that at least with these two. (DDU/safe mode/express install)

Clocks are stable, temps are great, etc... Everything else looks fine.
Games play great, so I'm not sure how much I care about Valley scores tbh.

*were you* /Rusty mode :p

Nope.
I dunno about the 7990, but I managed to get that driver installation thing sorted out with the 7970's, so it's not that at least with these two. (DDU/safe mode/express install)

Clocks are stable, temps are great, etc... Everything else looks fine.
Games play great, so I'm not sure how much I care about Valley scores tbh.

Lol Rusty mode.

It let you install drivers in safe mode, in Windows 8? Interesting.

Yeah these benchmarks certainly aren't the be all and end all. Its good for a rough indication of performance . As always though, its games where it matters.

Nah, safe mode, then use DDU. Reboot and install.

ED: There was one interesting thing I noticed with the 7990. Sometimes it took 2-3 attempts at a TR bench before gpu usage would settle to a nice straight line @95% or so. Before that, it'd be a little stuttery and usage would be spiking all over the place.

Last edited:
Nah, safe mode, then use DDU. Reboot and install.

ED: There was one interesting thing I noticed with the 7990. Sometimes it took 2-3 attempts at a TR bench before gpu usage would settle to a nice straight line @95% or so. Before that, it'd be a little stuttery and usage would be spiking all over the place.

Interesting, sounds like throttling behaviour. I assume this was with the latest bios and +20%?

Temps were low enough for it not to be a throttling issue IMO. Besides, that wouldn't explain why it would run fine after an attempt or two.

+20%, yes, but didn't flash to your bios as these cards are destined for other things and would likely need flashing again with different settings for that. Also, I couldn't be bothered.

Temps were low enough for it not to be a throttling issue IMO. Besides, that wouldn't explain why it would run fine after an attempt or two.

+20%, yes, but didn't flash to your bios as these cards are destined for other things and would likely need flashing again with different settings for that. Also, I couldn't be bothered.

That explains it then. Stock bios TDP for a 7990 is 179W and thats with +20%. Stock TDP for a 7970ghz at 0% power tune is 240W. ;)

With my bios stock TDP at 0% power tune is 250W.

I had a bug yesterday that made me go inside my head so i was just eyes running around with a gun but no hands holding it, I was like the invisible man, but others still saw me, shame.

Back
Top Bottom