• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Probly, just ADSL available here. A village of about 2500 residents. No fibre optic availability for the foreseeable future. Yet it's available 1 mile down the road in a hamlet of about 30 homes. Gotta love bt tbh.

I also live in a Village and about a mile from civilization as such and they have it already but nothing for me. They say I will get it but when is anyone's guess :(

BT openreach Wholesale checker was spot on for me, That told me october 2013 / December 2013 for fibre and it was mid november 2013 when i saw it was active. I had been waiting since last november to get it.

Back to the benchmarks. Paracel storm, 62/64 player cq. 1920x1200, x4msaa, ultra.

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
49544, 600000, 57, 112, 82.573

Disabling ab allows the game to launch with FRAPS running. Still crashed upon exiting though. Not to bad fps for a stock 780 tbh.

Back to the benchmarks. Paracel storm, 62/64 player cq. 1920x1200, x4msaa, ultra.

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
49544, 600000, 57, 112, 82.573

Disabling ab allows the game to launch with FRAPS running. Still crashed upon exiting though. Not to bad fps for a stock 780 tbh.

Good fps. :)

Interesting tip about fraps, cheers.

Cheers Matt, minimum and average are generally on a par with the sli setup. Max is down a good bit. But that will be rectified when i can afford to bang in another 780. Was it a silly move going from sli 670, yes maybe in the short term but will work out ok in the end.

Cheers Matt, minimum and average are generally on a par with the sli setup. Max is down a good bit. But that will be rectified when i can afford to bang in another 780.

We still don't have a "proper" BF4 driver from nVidia yet so probably a little more performance still to eek out. I'm quite impressed that at 1920x1080 with full ultra settings this single GTX780 is bumping around just under the 120fps mark with only the odd bit where the framerate drops out (generally when the havok physics stuff gets a bit too messy around badly destroyed buildings).

Running stock at the moment - these rev2 seem to boost higher out the box than the rev1 but other than that don't really have the higher overclocking headroom nVidia claimed by the looks of it.

I did have the VRAM clocked up a bit as once your boosting past ~1070mhz the reference memory speed isn't entirely enough to feed them but I need to play about a bit more to find the optimal core/memory frequencies for best performance.

For benching the most i can get stable on stock voltage and bios is 1215/3305, +120/+300. 1202/3405, (+110/+400) results in heaven black screening and clocks reverting to default. Quite different from my old 670's. Even the weaker one managed +80/+600 with ease. +130/+760 on the other.

They are doing something almost as bad to keep the sound working - tho most people probably won't notice its a proper hack job - I've not seen coding this bad since watching some of the attempts from the less capable coders at college.

Matt do you run some BF4 servers? If so which ones are they?
I think you may have told me once but I forgot :p

Yes we do mate, i won't be playing again till the SLI/Crossfire flickering is fixed though. :)

You back on sli'd titans again Greg? Thought so as the flickering issue is putting a lot of sli/xfire users off playing at the moment.

The e-tailer emailed me today that they have sent the card to Asus and I know they are not the quickest, so no SLI for me just yet. I am looking forward to going SLI again but it is overkill for 1080P but not so much for 3D, so I can't wait.

Back
Top Bottom