• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Hi, try this reinstall DX again -

Go to the BF4 folder in .\origin games\Battlefield 4\ Open ._Installer\directx\redist Right click on DXSETUP.exe and click "Run as Administrator" What this does is install the DirectX libraries that were copied to your hard drive but never installed that are needed for DirectX to properly process the game code.

This also helps some players who crash while playing.

Thanks this worked... for now. :cool: Crossfire's (flickering etc) still borked tho!!

Hi Lt, just out of interest does throttling effect all AMD 7990's which effects performance.

Using the stock 7990 bios the card will throttle under moderate load forcing the card into its non boost state.

Thanks,:)
Olphart.

It does indeed, though it can affect some worse than others depending on the Asic. Lower Asic = more power usage = more watts pulled = higher TDP = more throttling. I will post up some figures later of stock bios vs my bios in the 7990 bios flashing thread.

It does indeed, though it can affect some worse than others depending on the Asic. Lower Asic = more power usage = more watts pulled = higher TDP = more throttling. I will post up some figures later of stock bios vs my bios in the 7990 bios flashing thread.

Thank you Lt, for quick reply.:)

I could be wrong have a read of this thread, if you don't mind -Is It worth upgrading i7 950 @ 4.2ghz to a i7 4770k?

If his GPU was throttling effecting performance BF3/4, making him think his CPU was not up to the job, as he's using a 7990.

How would he check for throttling?

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18565772

As l say l could be wrong, lol.:D
Oldphart.

Thank you Lt, for quick reply.:)

I could be wrong have a read of this thread, if you don't mind -Is It worth upgrading i7 950 @ 4.2ghz to a i7 4770k?

If his GPU was throttling effecting performance BF3/4, making him think his CPU was not up to the job, as he's using a 7990.

How would he check for throttling?

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18565772

As l say l could be wrong, lol.:D
Oldphart.

To get the most from his card it would be worth it. However once Mantle arrives he could probably run his old i7 CPU at 2ghz or lower and not be bottlenecked any more, thanks to Mantle. However for other non mantle games it will definitely be worth it. He's probably missing out on about 10-25% performance at the moment in cpu bottlenecked situations.

just done the big update and that flickering is just damn frustrating :mad:how bad does this game have to get???????

But on a good point i disabled SLI and those new maps do pull some high FPS on a single card :eek: but those small maps are bloody bad getting shot from every corner, small maps pifffff

Originally Posted by OLDPHART View Post
Hi, try this reinstall DX again -

Go to the BF4 folder in .\origin games\Battlefield 4\ Open ._Installer\directx\redist Right click on DXSETUP.exe and click "Run as Administrator" What this does is install the DirectX libraries that were copied to your hard drive but never installed that are needed for DirectX to properly process the game code.

This also helps some players who crash while playing.

Thanks this worked... for now. :cool: Crossfire's (flickering etc) still borked tho!!

Damn, im still getting this error!!!

X-Fire flickering patch has been released, along with another few fixes and a new server patch.

DICE really do seem determined to sort out all these problems, i can't remember a game with so many patches in such a short time.

Can't wait to fire up the 7970s when i get home :D:D

Back
Top Bottom